Join us for a family-friendly hike in the beautiful forest of The South Mountain Reservation, for a brief 3/4-mile nature walk to the peaceful Hemlock Falls.
Montclair, NJ (PRWEB) May 18, 2012
Unity of Montclair invites the public to join in the day filled with fun at its unique and spiritual hike on June 2, 2012 at the South Mountain Reservation in South Orange, NJ. Come and enjoy the beauty of nature while raising money for the Unity of Montclair Building Fund and two other charities: Wynona's House Child Advocacy Center - helping child victims of abuse and violence in New Jersey's Essex County; and Make It Right - a non-profit building affordable green, storm resistant homes in New Orleans’ 9th Ward.
The family-friendly hike in the beautiful forest of The South Mountain Reservation is a brief 3/4-mile nature walk to the peaceful Hemlock Falls.
Members and friends of the diverse, non-denominational Christian spiritual community will be on hand to offer wonderful activities, including: meditation, QiGong, SmartPhone-Photography, music and more.
Those interested in supporting these amazing charities, please register for the hike on June 2nd. Also others may pledge donations to support individuals participating in the hike.
Those unable to attend, please consider pledging a donation in support of the charities.
Check in begins at 8:30 am.
9:30am: Enjoy a Morning Meditation with Unity of Montclair's new Senior Minister Rev. Elizabeth Mora & flutist Drew Kucy.
10:00am: Hike approximately 3/4 mile with a stop at the scenic Hemlock Falls.
Noon: Enjoy a picnic lunch provided by Unity Church of Montclair, its members and the local business sponsors.
12:30pm: The festivities begin! Starting with:
· An exciting Dance & Drum Circle Performance & Workshop with Montclair's West African Drum and Dance.
· Enjoy a QiGong Class. QiGong is an ancient form of Chinese physical and spiritual exercise (similar to Tai Chi), noted for its many health benefits.
· Create interesting photos! Catherine Restivo, accomplished iPhotographer, will show how to “app up” photos taken during the fun-filled day at the SmartPhone-Photography Workshop.
· Fun & Games for the Kids!
Registration is $25 for adults; $10 for seniors and children under 12. Price includes lunch, all activities and a free give-away.
To register or make a donation, please go to http://tinyurl.com/7v5cjnp.
Unity of Montclair is a positive, practical and progressive spiritual community, a radiating center of positive energy, harmony and spirituality. This Christian based spiritual community welcomes members from all faiths and all walks of life.
For more information, call us at (973) 746-8417 or send an email to unityspirithike(at)yahoo(dot)com.
List of the 2012 Spirit Hike Local Business Sponsors
- Alan's Avenue Delicatessen and Caterers - Montclair
- Aquarian Yoga Center
- Beauties By Battles Florist
- Campaign for Consciousness
- Capital One - Fairfield Office
- Catherine Restivo - iPhotographer
- Cold Graphics by Coley
- Contima Company
- DiTizzi & Sons Landscaping - Montclair
- DL Battle Event Photography, LLC
- Health Food Mart
- Irving Street
- Jacklyn Kling Distinctive Framework
- Jerusalem Stone
- Massage Magic - Montclair
- Merry Maids - Bloomfield Office
- Montclair Art Museum
- Nauna's Bella Casa
- Quality Health Care, Inc. - East Orange
- Spreading The Good News Advertising Service (S.T.G.N.A.)
- Staples - Millburn Store
- Strategic Change Advisors LLC
- Sweet Potato and Pecan Restaurant
- The Gourmet Artist LLC
- Underground Printing
- West African Drum and Dance
- Whole Foods Market - Montclair
- Writing Maven, LLC