Urchin 7 represents the pinnacle of user-hosted web analytics software, with a feature set only Google Analytics can compete with. It takes the baton from the highly respected Urchin 6 and moves the software firmly into the mid-range Enterprise class.
(PRWEB) September 16, 2010
ivantage Limited, UK search marketing and web analytics specialist, and long-term Google Certified Partner, announced the immediate availability of Urchin 7 software from Google. Urchin 7 takes the baton from the highly respected Urchin 6 and moves the software firmly into the mid-range Enterprise class for web analytics applications.
Urchin 7 now includes many of the latest functional components of its close relation – Google Analytics– providing a similar look, feel and functionality for the typical user. Rather than being software as a service (SaaS), Urchin is an installable package intended to be used with web services such as intranets where access to the Internet is restricted and also by organisations whose data-protection policies specify that web site traffic and visitor data are kept in-house.
Among its peer group of Enterprise-class web analytics applications, Urchin 7 provides an unmatched combination of the very best usability, feature-set and value for money. Its similarity with Google Analytics allows users to move between the two applications with ease.
The product’s new features include:
- Completely new user interface, now similar to Google Analytics
- 1000-domain analysis capability and no limit on the number of log-files that can be processed
- 64-bit processor compatibility to give exceptional capacity and speed
- Parallel processing of multiple profiles to produce rapid results on large sites
- Completely new report scheme grouping and site summary report
- Permalinks – links to specific reports which embed individual report settings that can be emailed to recipients without loss of accuracy
- Advanced data segmentation
- In-page event tracking to allow visitor interactions with sub-page objects to be accurately recorded and analysed
- New, much improved API to support the extraction of any data from Urchin for analysis in 3rd-party applications, such as CRM and business intelligence
- Automatic software updates so that the Urchin installation can be kept up-to-date with minimal administrator intervention
- Re-designed Embedded Help and Local Help Center which includes dynamically updated content for a much more relevant user experience
Pricing is extremely competitive in this marketplace at £6,660 for an installation licence. Existing Urchin users can upgrade by paying the difference between the price of an Urchin 7 licence and the amount paid for the previous version.
About ivantage Ltd
Founded in 2002, ivantage is a leading Internet marketing company serving clients both directly and through agencies with practicable, accurate, thorough and ethical Internet marketing advice, taking a 360-degree approach to include all relevant aspects of a client's Web presence.
ivantage delivers exceptionally effective Web marketing services – SEO and PPC with Web analytics, conversion optimization and training – for site owners whose focus is on strong ROI via high search engine rankings, compelling paid-search advertising and effective conversion in order to attract and retain profitable, returning visitor traffic. Because the use of Web analytics is essential to the accurate calculation and reporting of ROI, ivantage has consistently promoted their use as an essential component of online marketing campaigns.
ivantage is a Google Analytics Certified Partner, an Urchin Certified Partner, an AdWords Certified Partner and a Google Certified Trainer.
© 2010 ivantage Limited. All rights reserved. Google and Urchin are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Google Inc. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.
Editorial contact - David Lines - david(dot)lines(at)ivantage(dot)co(dot)uk