Dallas, TX (PRWEB) June 29, 2013
This report “Disabled and Elderly Assistive Technologies” provides:
- An overview of the U.S. market for disabled and elderly assistive technologies, which encompasses a broad range of devices, from "low-tech" products such as eyeglasses and large-print books to technologically sophisticated products such as voice synthesizers, Braille readers, and wireless monitoring devices.
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Discussion of market drivers and constraints.
- Examination of the industry structure, competition, and market shares.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
Scope and Format for “Disabled and Elderly Assistive Technologies” - http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/120978-disabled-and-elderly-assistive-technologies.html
The report focuses on the U.S. market for the various types of devices and products that are on the market or under development to enable disabled and elderly persons to move about, see, hear, speak, dress themselves and perform many other everyday activities as “normally” as possible. Where practical, market developments on the global level are also addressed, although in less detail than domestic market developments.
In the past few years, BCC has published a number of other reports in related areas, such as prosthetics and orthotics, microelectronic medical implants, drugs for the elderly, and antiaging products. The findings and conclusions of these other reports will be cited in this report, where appropriate, for the sake of completeness. However, it is not the author’s intention to duplicate their coverage and analysis; attention will be focused instead on the following:
- Mobility- and dexterity-enhancing products.
- Products for the vision-, hearing-, and speech-impaired.
- Toileting and incontinence products.
- Medical/personal monitoring products.
- Other products such as environmental controls and daily living aids.
Study Goals and Objectives
The goal of the report is to examine market opportunities for assistive technology products that are now on the market or that are likely to enter the market over the rest of the decade. Specific objectives of the report include analyzing the following:
- Major product types and applications, both commercial and developmental.
- Market size and segmentation, including historical data on sales by application and product type.
- Market drivers and constraints.
- Detailed market projections through 2018.
- Industry structure, competition and market shares.
- Factors that may influence the long-term market for assistive technologies.
The report has been written explicitly for those with an interest in disabled and elderly care issues, including the following:
- Healthcare professionals.
- Manufacturers and distributors.
- Regulators and health insurers.
- The financial and analyst community.
Buy a copy of report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=120978. Alternatively can get discount @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/discount.aspx?name=120978.
The report is tailored especially for readers with an interest in the marketing, financial and management dimensions of the assistive technologies industry. However, readers with a more general interest in disabled and elderly care may find it useful as well.
In terms of format, the report is divided into the following major sections:
- Technologies used in disabled and elderly care products.
- Conditions and applications addressed.
- Product types.
- Legal, regulatory and insurance issues.
- Patent and intellectual property issues.
- Market size and segmentation.
- Market drivers.
- Market projections from 2012 through 2018.
- Industry size and structure.
- Competition and market shares.
Major Company Profiles:
1. Automated Voice Systems Inc.
2. Bay Advanced Technologies Ltd.
3. Blue Chip Medical Products
4. Bruno Independent Living Aids Inc.
5. Cobolt Systems Ltd.
7. Cybernet Medical Corp.
8. Dolphin Computer Access Ltd.
9. Duxbury Systems Inc.
10. Dynavox Technologies
11. Exact Dynamics B.V.
12. Freedom Scientific Inc.
13. Gw Micro Inc.
14. Honeywell Hommed LLC
16. Inclinator Company Of America
17. Invacare Corp.
18. Krown Manufacturing
19. Liftavator Inc.
20. Medline Industries Inc.
21. Otto Bock Healthcare Gmbh
22. Philips Lifeline Systems Inc.
23. Pride Mobility Products Corp.
24. Ricon Corp.
25. Savaria Corp.
26. Scottcare Corp.
27. Siemens Hearing Instruments Inc.
28. Sunrise Medical Inc.
29. Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget Sca
30. Terry Group Ltd.
31. Thyssenkrupp Access
33. Whirlpool Corp.
Explore more reports on Medical Devices Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/medical-devices/.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports (http://www.reportsnreports.com/) library of 200,000+ reports and in-depth studies of 5000+ micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe.