“The olive industry is modernizing and growing, global markets are changing and shifting, and consumers are demanding quality, healthful products such as organic olives and real extra virgin olive oil,” says Mary Squires, author of Olive Crazy.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 27, 2012
When one thinks of olives and olive oil what comes to mind? Is it Italy, a frosty martini, or maybe ancient tales and histories? Olive Crazy, the United States-based and internationally-read, olive industry blog is changing all that. This month Olive Crazy is celebrating its first year writing about the modern olive industry, promoting US grown olives, and freshly-produced extra virgin olive oil.
In celebration of Olive Crazy’s first year, here are some of the highlights from the modern olive industry:
· The United States Department of Agriculture updated its sixty-two year old olive oil quality standards.
· The state of Georgia had its first olive harvest and joined California and Texas as a commercial olive oil producing state.
· Working olive groves are now thriving on the majority of the world continents, with some of the latest groves planted in India and China.
· Organizations such as, the International Olive Council and the Australian Olive Association have declared the east coast of the United States as the number one potential olive oil consumer market.
· Tom Mueller, author of the highly popular, Extra Virginity: the Sublime and Scandalous World of Olive Oil, scared and delighted users of extra virgin olive oil.
“This has been an interesting year, one that made me realize that there is more to olives and olive oil than martinis and ancient groves,” said Mary Squires, author of Olive Crazy. “The olive industry is modernizing and growing, global markets are changing and shifting, and consumers are demanding quality, healthful products such as organic olives and real extra virgin olive oil.”
In the upcoming year, Olive Crazy plans to focus on helping consumers, new growers, and olive oil producers with expert advice and stories from around the world. The modern olive industry is growing and Olive Crazy will be there to bring up to date information to growers, producers, vendors, and consumers alike.
About Olive Crazy
Olive Crazy is all about olives and olive oil. Olive Crazy covers topics from growing and harvesting olives to cooking with olive oil, from pressing olives to the proper storage of olive oil, and from the health and beauty properties of the olive leaf to recipes for a delicious martini, and much more. To read all about the modern olive industry, olives, and olive oil visit Olive Crazy at http://www.olivecrazy.com and http://www.facebook.com/groups/olivecrazy.