Dallas, TX (PRWEB) May 28, 2013
The expansion of the insured population, prompted by the introduction of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), will play a key role in driving US pharmaceutical market revenue up by a third by the end of the decade.
The latest report on the US healthcare industry “CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - US” forecasts the country’s pharmaceutical market value to climb from $359 billion in 2012 to $476 billion in 2020, increasing by 33% over the eight year period.
With the PPACA (commonly known as Obamacare) extending health insurance to 32 million more Americans by 2016, patient pools and the demand for drug therapy are expected to increase significantly, driving up healthcare expenditure and pharmaceutical revenue as a result.
Like many other countries around the world, the US is expected to experience growth in its elderly population, climbing from a 19% share of all Americans in 2012 to more than 22% by 2020. The expansion of the 60 and over age demographic is another factor that will inevitably drive the US pharmaceuticals industry, owing to the corresponding increase in healthcare demand.
The report (http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/248941-countryfocus-healthcare-regulatory-and-reimbursement-landscape-us.html) also expects growth within the US medical devices industry in the near future, with the industry forecast to grow from $139 billion in 2012 to $206 billion in 2020, climbing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 5.0%. The US medical equipment industry is one of the largest and most stable in the healthcare industry, accounting for 50% of the global market and consuming approximately 40% of its output.
- An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical devices market of the US including the market size, market segmentation, key drivers and barriers for the market.
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical and medical devices market. Key players covered in the pharmaceutical market are Pfizer, Merck & Co., Roche, Abbott and Novartis. Key players covered for the medical devices market are Medtronic, Boston Scientific, Abbott, GlaxoSmithKline and Siemens Healthcare.
- An insightful review on the reimbursement and regulatory landscape. Analysis includes details of the healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and market authorization processes for new drug and medical devices for the US.
- A detailed analysis of the political and economic environment of the US, including economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure.
- An overview of the opportunities and challenges for growth that exist in the healthcare market of the US.
Reasons To Buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the healthcare market of the US.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical and medical devices market (http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/medical-devices/) segments and companies likely to impact the US healthcare market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the greatest opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Identify, understand and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in the healthcare market of the US.
Buy a copy of report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=248941.
Explore more reports on Pharmaceuticals Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/pharmaceuticals/.
ReportsnReports.com (http://www.reportsnreports.com/) is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ reports and in-depth studies of 5000+ micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe.