Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) December 06, 2012
The U.S. road construction market continues to suffer even as the country recovers from the recession. The completion of most American Recovery and Reinvestment Act-funded projects, coupled with the lack of a long-term transportation bill through 2010 and 2011, caused overall spending on road, bridge and tunnel construction to drop by 4.4% between 2009 and 2011. While 2010 and 2011 have been strong years for bridge and tunnel construction, the lack of funding for road construction and reconstruction has pulled the entire market down. These trends have continued into 2012, although SBI Energy expects total road, bridge & tunnel market to be up 0.6% over 2011 to reach a total of $76.4 billion for the year.
The U.S. road, bridge and tunnel construction market will show only slight growth through 2014, and market growth over the next decade will continue to be lower than the moving ten-year average over the last 90 years. By 2022, the market will reach $116.6 billion, posting a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% between 2013 and 2022.
In the short term, there will be a small market improvement due to certainty in funding because of the new federal highway bill (MAP-21) passed in July 2012. The legislation means that states are more likely to start and fund medium scale projects (less than five years) with funding levels assured through FY2014. However, long-term market prospects remain difficult as both state and federal governments refuse to increase their respective gas taxes or implement other use-based funding schemes.
Without expanded user-based fees, states will have to use more and more of existing funding to maintain existing infrastructure, and make more use of alternative financing schemes such as public-private partnerships (P3), state infrastructure banks and tolling to finance new construction. This will limit growth through the decade for all three segments of the road construction market.
The U.S. Road, Bridge & Tunnel Construction Market by SBI Energy provides key insight into current and future construction trends for the nation’s road infrastructure, with a particular emphasis on bridge and tunnel construction segments and an analysis of key states. The analysis includes definitions, current product offerings and market detail on the following segments:
- Road construction, including lane widening, resurfacing and rehabilitation
- Bridge construction and rehabilitation
- Tunnel & wall construction
What You’ll Get in This Report
The U.S. Road, Bridge & Tunnel Construction Market provides a concise, focused look at the nation’s highway and local road construction industry as it exists today, and shows where the market is moving between 2013 and 2022. The report highlights key players in the heavy construction and engineering industries and pinpoints ways that current and prospective competitors can capitalize on recent trends and spearhead new ones. No other market research report provides both the comprehensive analysis and extensive data that The U.S. Road, Bridge & Tunnel Construction Market offers. In addition, you’ll benefit from extensive data, presented in easy-to-read and practical charts, tables and graphs.
How You’ll Benefit from this Report
If your company is involved with road construction and maintenance in the U.S., or is considering investing in infrastructure projects in the country, you will find this report invaluable as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current U.S. road construction market, as well as projected trends through 2022. The report also provides a concise view of the employment provided by road construction companies and associated industries.
Buy your copy of report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/208698-the-us-road-bridge-tunnel-construction-market.html
This report will help:
- Marketing managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for businesses looking to geographically expand their business.
- Research and development professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for new highway construction and reconstruction of existing road systems.
- Advertising agencies working with clients in a host of market sectors such as engineering, construction materials manufacturing, procurement and environmental assessment to develop messages and images that compel road construction companies businesses to migrate towards their clients.
- Business development executives understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible partnerships or joint ventures with key contracting and engineering firms.
- Information and research center librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.
Browse more reports on Manufacturing & Construction Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/manufacturing/
Contact sales (at) reportsandreports (dot) com for further information.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.