U.S. CAD is committed to providing our customers the most advanced BIM solutions and support, and our Gold-level Autodesk partner status speaks to our experience and expertise in implementing these products in the AEC and Manufacturing industries, with an emphasis on interoperability and customer service
Costa Mesa, CA (PRWEB) March 25, 2010
U.S. CAD today announced it is offering the 2011 software portfolio for the building design, infrastructure and construction industries from Autodesk, Inc., a world leader in 2D and 3D design, engineering and entertainment software. The 2011 portfolio includes Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011; Autodesk Revit Structure 2011; Autodesk Revit MEP 2011; AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite; AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite; AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite; AutoCAD Architecture 2011; AutoCAD MEP 2011; Autodesk Navisworks 2011; Autodesk Buzzsaw 2011; Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011; AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011; and AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 software.
U.S. CAD is a leading Building Information Modeling (BIM) integrator that helps its customers implement these complex BIM tools in their work environments, while also providing outsourced BIM production services and BIM content for building product manufacturers. This year U.S. CAD will represent these new Autodesk technologies as the only Gold-level Autodesk partner for both the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) and Manufacturing industries.
Autodesk’s 2011 software portfolio is designed to help increase industry adoption of the BIM process, facilitate multidisciplinary collaboration, and address new and renovation projects.
“The building design, construction and infrastructure industries must improve productivity, while at the same time completing complex projects on time and at or under budget,” said Jay Bhatt, senior vice president of AEC Industry Solutions, a U.S. CAD customer. “Our new 2011 Autodesk software helps support that goal by capitalizing on the enormous benefits of Building Information Modeling, and facilitating multidisciplinary, start-to-finish collaboration for everything from new construction and renovations on residential and business projects to large-scale infrastructure and government projects.”
“U.S. CAD is committed to providing our customers the most advanced BIM solutions and support, and our Gold-level Autodesk partner status speaks to our experience and expertise in implementing these products in the AEC and Manufacturing industries, with an emphasis on interoperability and customer service,” said Danny Counts, CEO of U.S. CAD.
Following is additional detail on the new 2011 versions of Autodesk products that U.S. CAD is now offering:
2011 Portfolio for Building Design and Construction
Autodesk’s 2011 software for new construction and existing building projects supports the BIM process to help architects, designers and engineers more easily create and profit from digital design data and better communication across extended project teams. Updated software includes:
- Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011 -- Autodesk Revit Architecture helps architects and designers work naturally, design freely, and deliver projects efficiently. Purpose-built for BIM, Revit Architecture helps explore design concepts and forms, and better maintains design data through documentation and construction. With parametric change technology, any change made is automatically updated throughout the model, keeping design and documentation coordinated and more reliable. Key new features include:
- Large team workflow
- Enhanced visualization
- Enhanced documentation
- Autodesk Revit Structure 2011 -- Autodesk Revit Structure is the purpose-built BIM solution for structural engineering firms, providing tools for structural design and analysis. Revit Structure integrates a multimaterial physical model and an independently editable analytical model for more efficient structural analysis, while providing bidirectional links to popular structural analysis software. Key new features include:
- Framing enhancements (slanted columns, beam systems, trusses and connection symbols)
- Reinforcement and concrete cleanup enhancements
- Analytical model enhancements
- Autodesk Revit MEP 2011 -- Autodesk Revit MEP software helps mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineers, designers, and drafters gain the competitive advantage of BIM by analyzing and optimizing building systems designs before they are built. Autodesk Revit MEP helps design teams accelerate better design with tools that promote productivity and support sustainable design and analysis. Key new features include:
- Cable tray and conduit modeling
- Panel schedules and demand factors
- MEP fixture management
To help facilitate the BIM process, while at the same time protecting investment in legacy software, training and design data investments, the 2011 Autodesk portfolio includes:
- AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite -- Combines AutoCAD 2011 software, AutoCAD Architecture 2011, and Autodesk Revit Architecture 2011 software
- AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite -- Combines AutoCAD MEP 2011 and Autodesk Revit MEP 2011 software applications
- AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite -- Combines AutoCAD 2011, Autodesk Revit Structure 2011 and AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2011 software applications
Enhancements for AutoCAD Architecture 2011 and AutoCAD MEP 2011 include:
- AutoCAD Architecture 2011 -- Combines efficient drafting and documentation with an intuitive environment and purpose-built tools for architects. Key new features include:
- New geometric and dimensional constraints
- New renovation tools to help accelerate design and production
- Improved wall cleanups with new intelligent Cleanup command
- AutoCAD MEP 2011 -- A version of AutoCAD software for mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) designers and drafters that provides greater drafting productivity. Key new features include:
- MvPart view blocks (create and store AutoCAD block names, edit display)
- Parallel conduit routing
- Sloped piping
To facilitate multi-discipline collaboration, the 2011 building and construction software portfolio includes:
- Autodesk Navisworks 2011 -- This software (including Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2011, Autodesk Navisworks Simulate 2011 and Autodesk Navisworks Freedom 2011 software) enables design and construction professionals to unite project contributions into a synchronized model for whole-project review, simulation and analysis. Key enhancements for the Navisworks 2011 family of software include:
- Restructured and simplified User Interface
- Enhanced sectioning Tools
- New Primavera link and Gantt view
- Autodesk Buzzsaw 2011 -- Autodesk Buzzsaw is a leading software as a service (SaaS)-delivered document, data, and design management solution for centralizing and more securely exchanging project information for distributed teams (across stakeholders, geographies and companies). Fully integrated into the portfolio of Autodesk design solutions, Autodesk Buzzsaw 2011 now includes the Buzzsaw Sync feature. With Buzzsaw Sync users can:
- Automatically synchronize files from the desktop to the Buzzsaw cloud without interrupting users’ workflow
- Easily centralize multi-discipline models for importing into Autodesk Navisworks
- Leverage Buzzsaw permissions to more securely synchronize, share and access information
To facilitate design visualization and creative storytelling the 2011 portfolio includes:
- Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011 ¾ Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2011 software offers compelling new techniques for bringing designs to life by aggregating data, iterating ideas, and presenting the results. Key new features include:
- Quicksilver, an innovative new hardware renderer
- FBX File Link with Revit Architecture
- Viewport display of 3ds Max Design materials
2011 Portfolio for Infrastructure
Autodesk’s 2011 software for road, highway and utilities projects includes:
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 ¾ AutoCAD Civil 3D software, the BIM solution for civil engineering, helps teams deliver higher-quality transportation, land development, and environmental projects faster. Its model-based approach helps keep project information coordinated while delivering higher-quality documentation and visualizations. AutoCAD Civil 3D helps users gain the competitive advantage of BIM to deliver more innovative project solutions. Key new features include:
- Scalability and performance improvements, as well as an optimized 64-bit version of Civil 3D
- Tools to better manage the creation and editing of corridors
- Enhanced superelevation functionality that provides a dynamic link to the alignment and flexible editing options
- AutoCAD Map 3D 2011 ¾ AutoCAD Map 3D software can provide direct access to data needed for infrastructure planning, design, and management activities. AutoCAD Map 3D helps professionals working on transportation, land development, water, and power projects to more easily create, manage, and analyze design, GIS, and asset data so they can achieve better designs, enhanced productivity, and better data quality. Key new features include:
- New point cloud tools
- New and enhanced data support
- Enhanced workflow capabilities
To purchase the new Autodesk 2011 portfolio for Building Design and Construction solutions or to find out all the ways U.S. CAD helps its customers “Achieve More!,” go to http://www.uscad.com or call 877.648.7223.
About U.S. CAD
U.S. CAD is a BIM and Manufacturing industry consultant and the largest Autodesk Authorized Value Added Reseller on the West Coast. U.S. CAD specializes in helping its customers integrate BIM, Sustainable Design, and Digital Prototyping technologies within their organizations by incorporating a variety of Autodesk solutions along with implementation, training, BIM modeling and production, and configuration services. U.S. CAD’s expertise is sought after by an impressive array of companies because of their expertise in implementing advanced technologies and their unique mix of services including process assessment and consulting, knowledge assessment, flexible expert training options, project mentoring, and technical support services. U.S. CAD has offices in Costa Mesa, Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and Honolulu.
Autodesk, AutoCAD, Buzzsaw, Civil 3D, Navisworks, Revit and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders.
U.S. CAD is a trademark of U.S. CAD, Inc.