Our project Bonita is available in the UForge catalog, and we've engaged with UShareSoft's professional services team who are designing and building a multi-node BonitaSoft appliance on our behalf, said Rodrigue Le Gall, CSO, BonitaSoft
Grenoble, France (PRWEB) July 13, 2010
UShareSoft, provider of tools for cloud-ready and virtual software appliances, today announced a new ISV Partner Program, enabling members to ramp their software to the cloud in under an hour, through privileged access to UShareSoft's tools. ISVs can also integrate their software into the UForge catalog, gaining a new route to market. Additionally, UShareSoft customers will benefit from a growing number of enterprise applications in the catalog, providing greater flexibility in building “instant-on” appliances with open-source software.
By joining the Program, ISVs and open source projects benefit from:
- Project integration and exposure in the UForge catalog
- Free access to a professional UForge account, saving $49 per month
- “Partner Packs” with privileged pricing for multiple UForge accounts and licenses for Open Appliance Studio, a framework for deploying multi-node appliances
- Access to training and support from UShareSoft and its developer community
- A comprehensive set of co-marketing activities
"Our community project, Bonita Open Solution, has been available in the UForge catalog since the outset and we're ready to move to the next level,” said Rodrigue Le Gall, Chief Services Officer, BonitaSoft. “We've engaged with UShareSoft's professional services team who are designing and building a multi-node BonitaSoft appliance on our behalf. Initially, we plan to use the appliance to streamline our own software development process.”
"UShareSoft's tools will be used to create appliances based on eXo Platform,” said Dimitri Baeli, VP Quality, eXo Platform. “Not only will we save time and money assembling software components for our QA infrastructure, but we expect the appliances to make it much easier for customers to test then implement our software.”
“By working with UShareSoft, ISVs join a growing ecosystem of open source projects, operating systems and developers,” said Thomas Debru, CEO, UShareSoft. “The catalog includes over 60 open source projects, including popular enterprise software such as Apache, Ingres, MySQL, Talend Open Studio, Bonita and more. It's becoming a repository of reference for open source enterprise applications, enabling customers to find and package software for the cloud. The new Partner Program will help us further expand the catalog to the benefit of UShareSoft partners and customers.”
A FASTER RAMP TO THE CLOUD
Partner Program members enjoy privileged access to UShareSoft's unique UForge appliance factory, enabling them to package their software as an “instant-on” appliance ready for any physical, virtual or cloud environment.
This enables ISVs to:
- Reduce software integration costs and improve “time to cloud”: depending on the components, ISVs can assemble and generate appliances, then deploy to clouds such as Amazon EC2, in less than an hour
- Industrialize their own software development and quality assurance processes, reducing time to market
- Simplify customer software evaluation, lowering barriers to enterprise adoption of open source software
- Accelerate sales engagement through on-demand demos and proof-of-concepts (POCs) that require little technical expertise
NEW BUSINESS AND MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES
The UForge catalog includes over 60 pre-qualified projects, enabling customers to build software appliances in a few clicks. Integrating their software into the catalog provides ISVs with a new distribution channel, creating opportunities to generate revenue from associated services and support. Additionally, members benefit from visibility in UForge and on UShareSoft's web site.
For more information, visit: http://www.usharesoft.com/partners/isv.html
UShareSoft simplifies the way IT professionals deliver software. We make it easy for individual developers, system administrators and professionals to create and maintain business-ready software appliances for on-demand physical, virtual & cloud computing environments. UShareSoft's UForge provides the best OS and image format agnostic platform to assemble self-deployable distributed appliances for on-demand application delivery. Visit http://www.usharesoft.com.
# # #