Los Angeles (Vocus) May 13, 2010
Expert guest Valerie Faltas is a property tax expert and was a certified property tax appraiser. While working for the Los Angeles County Assessor's Office, Valerie assessed over 6,000 properties and learned about little-known financial loopholes that can literally save homeowners thousands every year. She has put together the "The Property Tax Little Black Book" crammed with useful info for homeowners that she's happy to share with your viewers and listeners.
1) How many Americans are paying too much in property taxes?
2) Do most people know how much they're paying?
3) How can you keep from overpaying your property taxes?
4) If you've paid too much, is there anything you can do to get that money back from the tax assessor's office?
5) There has been a lot of talk about property taxes in California and Proposition 13; what is Prop 13 exactly?
6) Why is it so controversial?
7) Is there anywhere I can go for free help with my property tax questions?
Valerie has been interviewed by the Wall Street Journal, and has appeared on dozens of media outlets including The Jim Bohannon Show, Business Talk Radio Network, The Rick Amato Show, Money 101 with Bob McCormick, KGO's Consumer Talk Radio and more. To book Valerie or request a reviewer copy of THE PROPERTY TAX LITTLE BLACK BOOK, contact Aaron Leistner at Allen Media Strategies at (703) 589-8960 or aaron(at)allenmediastrategies(dot)com