With the right training from VCAD, graduates can ensure they’ll have the skills they need to take advantage of this fertile job market.
Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) March 07, 2012
The Visual College of Art and Design (VCAD) is hosting an open house on March 17, 2011 from 11:00am – 1:00pm at its downtown Vancouver campus. Prospective students are invited to find out more about VCAD’s industry-leading programs, meet faculty and students and explore career opportunities in art and design.
At the Open House, attendees will have the opportunity to watch presentations by industry professionals and talk with different VCAD instructors including:
- Lyn Jones (Interior Design): A registered interior designer in BC with 25 years’ experience in the industry
- Rostina Abd Razak (Interior Design): A member of the Society of interior designers (Signapore) with over 14 years’ teaching experience and 20 years of professional practice collaborating on international interior design projects
- Eleanor Heng (Graphic Design): An award winning Creative Director with experience in both the creative and business sides of graphic design
- Russell Heyman (3D Modeling and Animation Design) : A talented special effects and character animator with an extensive field background working with Walt Disney Television Studio. Russell developed VCAD's brand new gaming programs
- Anne Morris: The current Campus Director of VCAD, who has an extensive background as an award winning fashion educator and has been involved in curriculum development for several fashion programs.
VCAD's diploma programs are designed with input from industry experts to ensure that graduates are successful in meeting the employment requirements of the fashion, graphic design, interior design and video gaming industries. VCAD maintains close industry ties to continually assess its curriculum and gain insight about the Vancouver’s rapidly evolving visual design fields.
New companies, studios and design firms are constantly popping up in the Lower Mainland to take advantage of the natural talent the area has to offer. With the right training from VCAD, graduates can ensure they’ll have the skills they need to take advantage of this fertile job market.
Those interested in launching an exciting and rewarding career in the dynamic world of visual design can take advantage of the March 17, 2012 Open House to register for spring classes. Head to http://www.vcad.ca for more information about the programs available. You can also find VCAD on Facebook and Twitter.
VCAD is an art and design school focused on inspiring creativity where the instructors share the same commitment, desire and passion for art and design as the students. Diploma programs in Interior Design, 3D Modeling Animation, Fashion Design, Graphic Design and Marketing and Merchandising for Fashion, have quarterly start dates to maximize flexibility for students. VCAD is also a passionate supporter of the arts within the community, offering bursaries, scholarships and awards to local organizations each year.
With the growing demand for qualified creative professionals in the gaming industry, VCAD has recently extended its curriculum and now offers two new programs focused on Game Development and Design, and Mobile Game Design and Development. As a result, students receive focused and specialized training on the latest tools, techniques and technology used in their chosen field.