With enthusiastic feedback on the further development, new Cottage owners and interested buyers can truly see these last 30 cottages will likely sell-out later this summer.
Oroville, Washington (PRWEB) July 7, 2007
Forget noisy beach condos and resort hotels. There is no better way to relax than in a Cottage on the lake in the 1950s-nostalgic community of Veranda Beach. Here on the shores of Lake Osoyoos - a warm-water swimmer's delight - the charm of yesteryear blends easily with the conveniences of today and includes move-in-ready, fully outfitted designer interiors.
"In this third phase of development, Veranda Beach offers 30 single- family Cottages priced from mid $400's to mid $900's," says Jim Hammond, President of Legend Resorts US, Ltd. "Veranda Beach feels like a leap back in time with cozy Cottages and neighborhood settings that distinguish it from other developments in this popular lake area."
The last 30 Cottages are now available for purchase and the first completed Cottages are available for rent as an opportunity to experience Veranda Beach. Visit the Discovery Center, show Cottage and the new resort property of Veranda Beach. Property specialists are on-site 9 am - 5 pm, seven days a week. Upcoming events on the beach include the grand opening on Saturday, July 14 and the Veranda Beach annual Sports Day on Sunday, August 5.
"Veranda Beach came alive this past weekend," says Scott Siemens, Veranda Beach Sales Director. "With enthusiastic feedback on the further development, new Cottage owners and interested buyers can truly see these last 30 cottages will likely sell-out later this summer."
Located just 4.5 hours from Vancouver, BC and 5 hours north-east of Seattle, WA in Washington State. Veranda Beach provides the perfect getaway setting for a relaxing weekend Cottage or summer vacation home. Okanogan Country's Oroville is the nearest city to the Canadian border (with a convenient 24-hour crossing) and its popular desert-town of Osoyoos.
Each street in the new Veranda Beach community is lined with an architectural mix of `50s-style Cottages that range in size from 1,437-sq. ft. to 2,169-sq. ft., including screened veranda living spaces.
Veranda Beach Cottages designed by acclaimed Raymond Letkeman Architects, Inc., feature six different exterior elevations in a variety of materials, and a rich palette of colors. Quaint touches such as window boxes for flowers, outdoor foot showers and vintage-style lights authenticate the look. Interiors by accomplished decorating consultant Eileen Ritchie deliver more than the vision of an award-winning designer; they result from first-hand knowledge of cottage-living in her family's fourth generation lakeside Cottage.
The outdoor amenities of Veranda Beach are highlighted close bythe amazing 1.25-mile stretch of beach along Lake Osoyoos, a sheltered marina with private slips and rental watercraft, plus an aquatic park, and beach walking trails. Opportunities to meet and greet others are enhanced by a village center, an amphitheater and fire pit for community gatherings.
Residents of this 280-acre resort haven will also have an authentic 50's-style diner and a modern fitness center with heated pools and a hot tubs as future amenities. The community will also feature an inn for out-of-town guests. Beyond the lure of the lake, nearby golf courses, wineries, skiing and snowboarding at Mount Baldy add to the attraction for owner families and visitors.
By popular tourist demand, Veranda Beach conveniently offers a rental management program for owners who don't plan to use their Cottage year-round. Services include on-site reservations, housekeeping, and maintenance.
More information and priority registration for the upcoming purchase opportunities are available at the Veranda Beach website - verandabeach.com - or by calling toll-free 1.866.VERANDA (1. 866.837.2632).
About The Veranda Beach Team:
Legend Resorts US Ltd.
Backed by more than 27 years of experience, Legend Resorts delivers on its promise to build homes of exceptional quality. Sundance Resort, Legend's most recent development at Big White Ski Resort in British Columbia has won numerous peer accolades. Skillfully blending innovative design, solid construction and sound project management, the Legend Team ensures lasting value and long-term satisfaction to each and every homeowner.
Raymond Letkeman Architects, Inc.
One of the foremost resort architect firms in North America, Letkeman brought his own joy of cottage living to the Veranda Beach project. His Vancouver, BC team has also designed resorts in Florida, California, Hawaii, New Zealand, and Mexico as well as Whistler and Big White in British Columbia.
Eileen Ritchie Homes, Ltd.
Eileen Ritchie owns and operates Eileen Ritchie Homes Ltd., recognized by its peers as one of the leading interior design authorities in British Columbia's Okanagan region. Notable resorts projects include Predator Ridge Golf Resort, Southwind at Sarsons and Elk Ridge Resort in British Columbia. In addition, the Company has helped create some of the valleys most beautiful custom homes.
About Oroville, WA
The birthplace of Washington State's proud apple farming sector, Oroville's high-desert landscape celebrates warm, dry summers and long growing seasons, perfect for bountiful apple, cherry, pluot (plum and apricot hybrid), plum, peach and nectarine harvests. Following in the steps of its Northern neighbors in Canada's famed Okanagan wine region, Oroville has its own award-winning winery and profound wine-grape production.
Oroville is in Okanogan County, the largest county in the State of Washington and has a population of 1,670. With more than forty lakes within ten miles of Oroville, its best known is Lake Osoyoos, which extends into British Columbia, Canada. These lakes mean fishing, boating, tubing, water-skiing, swimming and sailing are readily accessible and ever popular. The adventure continues beyond the lakeshore with active hiking and biking trails as well as ski, golf, horse-riding and snowmobiling facilities.
Private-plane access and US Customs clearing is available at Oroville's Dorothy Scott Airport.
Heather Kirk and Laura Serena
T 888 408 6511
Notes to Journalists:
Top-10 Reasons Cottage Lovers Find Veranda Beach
1. The Lake: This rare 1.25 mile stretch of sandy beachfront on a spectacular, warm lake - one of Canada's warmest that extends into the US -- is devoted the 280-acre Veranda Beach enclave.
2. The Life: Year-round fun with golf, vineyards, orchards, restaurants, hiking, biking, skiing and boarding at Mount Baldy (just 40 minutes from Veranda Beach), fishing and floating on the Okonogon river and more in a special, natural setting.
3. The Homes: True Cottage Country, these single-family lakeshore homes offer the ultimate get-away location, a step back in time. These are thoughtfully designed Cottages, not condos or townhomes. They come fully-furnished; this turn-key opportunity means time at the cottage is for play - not work - by design.
4. The Timing: Only 30 Cottages are still available. Reservations are being accepted today.
5. The Amenities: Set to debut this summer are 40 boat slips, a kids' park, beach trails, beach volleyball, lawn games. Over time, the community will grow to include a friendly Village Center with a community hall, heated pool, toddler pool, change area, reception office, `50s diner, fitness center, shuffleboard, basketball courts, playground, sheltered marina, aquatic park, fire pit on the Point, inn and restaurant, amphitheatre and beach-volleyball courts.
6. The Value: offered in the mid-400's to the mid-900s, buyers are attracted by the notion of purchasing lakefront land and stand-alone homes at incomparable prices. The strong Canadian dollar - at a 30 -year high - is an added boon to those whose primary residence is in Canada.
7. The Confidence: Legend Resorts and the development and design team it has assembled has a strong track record, celebrated for quality construction and thoughtful planning.
8. The Flexibility: Veranda Beach's rental management program offers home owners the chance to maximize their home-purchase through optional rentals when they are away.
9. The Community: More than a collection of homes, Veranda Beach is a collection of people -- happy owners who make friendly neighbors - and memories for everyone.
10. The Future: Veranda Beach has the opportunity to extend over time with an additional 600 acres available for the future of the resort.
Journalists on assignment who are interested in experiencing Veranda Beach first-hand for business, travel, real estate or other lifestyle stories are invited to contact Immedia PR to review upcoming opportunities.
High-resolution, publication-ready images are available by request.