Veria.com Relaunches As The Ultimate Health And Wellness Destination Online
Multiple Channels Covering Pregnancy and Parenting, Eating Healthy, Yoga and Fitness, Healing, Herbs and Supplements and Healthy Home Create the Perfect One-Stop Resource for Living Well
New York, NY (PRWEB) January 27, 2012
Veria Living, a leading media company devoted to showcasing wellness programming and related lifestyle content, re-launched their website http://www.veria.com, creating the ultimate destination for everything health and wellness, from pregnancy and parenting to eating healthy to yoga and fitness. The site features six individual channels, each covering a different area of health and wellness with articles, videos, localized tools and advice from experts at the top of their fields. With new content and video updated throughout each day, Veria.com gives its users the best information possible as they strive to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Channels featured on Veria.com include:
Pregnancy & Parenting – Taking a more holistic approach to pregnancy and parenting is something more and more would-be parents are exploring. The Pregnancy and Parenting channel contains a month-by-month pregnancy guide and provides advice on prenatal care, alleviating morning sickness with natural remedies, healthy breast feeding diets, tasty organic baby foods and much more. The channel also features parent and baby yoga videos and feeding tips such as transitioning baby from breast to bottle to getting toddlers to try new foods.
- Eating Healthy – Veria.com's Eating Healthy section has everything needed to make mindful choices in food and following through with healthy decisions. The channel contains healthy tips, tools and recipes including simple gluten free ideas, diabetic diet information, non dairy diets, vegetarian and vegan diet recipes, healthy snacks for kids and much more. Users can also read articles on the latest eating healthy news, learn about local healthy eating events and watch short videos featuring healthy eating recipes and tips.
- Yoga & Fitness – The Yoga & Fitness section provides beginners and experienced practitioners alike comprehensive information about yoga, from the history and different types to how to apply Yoga to suit every lifestyle milestone, from fitness during pregnancy to flexibility in the senior years. Users can learn about the different types of Hatha Yoga - Ashtanga (aka Astanga), Iyengar and Bikram and find instructions, articles, features and videos to help incorporate Yoga into their daily lifestyles. The channel also provides a tool to find local Yoga classes and offers handy tips on caring for your Yoga equipment, such as a DIY Yoga mat cleaning.
- Healing – The Healing Section of the Veria.com could be called many things –Naturopathic Medicine, Complimentary Medicine, Integrative Medicine, Alternative Medicine, Natural Healing, Holistic Healing or Ayurveda – as there are many ways to label the notion of healing. This channel is designed to empower readers with news, information and tools to help make informed choices regarding alternative healing and natural remedies. The site includes a beginners guide to natural healing; a Holistic Practitioners Guide with nationwide listings of natural healing professionals including massage therapists, acupuncturists, chiropractors, naturopaths and other wellness professionals; an A-Z Health Condition Finder to quickly look-up the definitions of a variety of health conditions from abdominal pain to yeast infections; and a homeopathic medicine finder.
- Herbs & Supplements – Veria.com has devoted an entire channel on herbs and supplements to provide clarity about herbal healing with news, information, tools and videos. The site contains a vast array of information about diet and nutritional supplements, detailing their benefits and side effects, and offers tools such as an herbal remedy and vitamin adviser to provide further information on interactions, usage and information on how each supplement works to keep you healthy.
- Healthy Home – The Healthy Home channel offers the latest information and tips on a wide variety of topics including non-toxic household cleaners, home spa treatments, Feng Shui, natural beauty products, natural acne treatment, natural hair and skin care and natural products for your pets. The site features articles, news, videos and tools that enable users to create a healthy home.
About Veria Living:
Veria Living is a leading media company devoted to showcasing wellness programming and related content in the United States and beyond. Spearheaded by its forward-thinking Veria Living and Veria.com distribution platforms, the privately held company, headquartered in New York, offers the world’s largest line-up of first-run, original programming – connecting viewers in a contemporary and accessible manner to the benefits and joys of living a healthy lifestyle. In the U.S., the Veria Living network is primarily available on DISH Network (Channel 218), Verizon FiOS (Channel 162) and Frontier Communications (Channel 162). Veria.com complements the network by extending the Veria Living philosophy through online recipes and nutrition, holistic health tips, body-mind conditioning and all-natural products. Embracing its mission, Veria Living passionately advocates for quality and vitality of life.