Waltham, MA (Vocus) February 26, 2010
Viewfinity (http://www.viewfinity.com ), the innovator of systems and privilege management via cloud-computing, announced today its patent for its on-the-fly desktop virtualization and encapsulation architecture has been published. The main idea of Viewfinity’s encapsulated file management technology is the encapsulation of all files and settings of any application into Viewfinity Capsules. Once encapsulated, each application can be managed separately from the interaction between OS and other applications. A unique benefit of Viewfinity’s encapsulated file management systems is that the technology provides an option to share part of the files between different encapsulated applications.
“The desktop virtualization movement exists because traditional desktop management tools fail to provide the capabilities needed to cost effectively manage desktops and laptops,” said Leonid Shtilman, Founder and CEO of Viewfinity. “Our architecture design unifies traditionally distributed application components into manageable capsules. Once encapsulated, this technology offers significant benefits when dealing with daily challenges related to managing applications on distributed desktops.”
Architecture and Technology Infrastructure Facts
- Isolating each application from the OS provides more control over DLLs and registry changes that are made directly to the OS. This eliminates the opportunity for applications to cause performance degradation and conflicts—even for those installed by end users from the internet.
- Our patented technology does not require changes or investment in the existing IT infrastructure, user experience or day-to-day IT operations.
- Provides automated on-the-fly virtualization of ALL applications, personal settings and data, including the ability to encapsulate applications installed prior to the Viewfinity agent deployment
- Eliminates the need to clean the PC, install the virtualization layer, prepackage applications and then redeploy to the desktop
- Transparently and automatic deploys a small agent to the desktop – virtualization is in effect immediately without having to reboot the client machine
Viewfinity uses its encapsulated file management technology as the foundation for tools to deploy and manage applications, licenses and assets, meet compliance requirements, and implement lockdown or rollback functions from any web interface. Viewfinity has a second patent-pending which was filed in January 2010.
For more information about Viewfinity, or to schedule an interview, please call Cheryl Snapp-Conner or Matt Stubbs at 801.994.9625 or send an e-mail to cheryl(at)snappconner.com or matt(at)snappconner.com.
Viewfinity is the innovator of systems and privilege management via cloud-computing, allowing IT professionals to focus on managing systems and not the platform’s infrastructure. With the cloud model, IT can be up and running quickly to provide management, support and control for desktops, servers and laptops. This makes it extremely cost effective and easy for IT to support local as well as mobile workers.
Viewfinity uses virtualization technology as the foundation to simplify and automate deployment and management of applications, licenses and assets. Viewfinity also complements traditional systems management by offering compliance adherence to flexibly manage privileges for locked down computers. Viewfinity’s cloud approach delivers immediate and long-term value, scales with business need, and eliminates the equipment, training, and substantially higher costs of on-premise implementations. Based in Waltham, MA, information on Viewfinity systems management solutions can be found at http://www.viewfinity.com.