Racing is a tradition that brings families to Virginia to experience the thrill of NASCAR together.
Richmond, Va. (PRWEB) July 19, 2010
Families who love NASCAR will love the latest vacation sweepstakes from the Virginia Tourism Corporation. Starting July 15, race fans can enter to win the Virginia is for Racing Lovers Ultimate Fan Sweepstakes - an over-the-top race inspired vacation to Martinsville for the October 24 Sprint Cup race – TUMS Fast Relief 500. U.S. residents 21 and older can enter online at martinsvillespeedway.com/sweepstakes.
The contest runs through September 17, 2010.
The grand prize winner and three guests will fly to Virginia for VIP treatment at the TUMS Fast Relief 500. The grand prize puts the winners at the edge of the action, literally, with the use of a 30-foot luxury recreational vehicle parked trackside at Martinsville Speedway’s Champions Overlook. The RV will be filled with groceries provided by Kroger and decked out in Virginia is for Lovers apparel and prizes. As part of the package, the winning family will have a VIP meet and greet with a Sprint Cup driver and be treated to sights and destinations in and around Martinsville.
“Racing is a tradition that brings families to Virginia to experience the thrill of NASCAR together,” said Alisa Bailey, President and CEO of the Virginia Tourism Corporation. “This new sweepstakes is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get about as close to the race as you can, without actually driving in it. It’s sure to be an unforgettable experience for the winner and their family.”
“We are always looking for new ways to reach our fans and to give them an experience they can’t get anywhere else. The Virginia is for Racing Lovers Ultimate Fan Sweepstakes may be the most exciting thing we’ve ever done in that area,” said Martinsville Speedway President W. Clay Campbell.
Virginia is for Racing Lovers Ultimate Fan Sweepstakes prize details are as follows, with complete rules and entry form on martinsvillespeedway.com/sweepstakes.
One grand prize winner will receive:
- Economy roundtrip airfare for four from the major airport nearest winner’s location to Roanoke, Virginia
- A rental car for duration of stay
- Use of one RV including a stocked kitchen provided by Kroger, for four nights in the Champions Overlook area at Martinsville Speedway® including admission for four to the racing events scheduled to be on October 22 – 24, 2010 at Martinsville Speedway®; Meet and Greet with a Sprint Cup Series driver; and two nights stay at a local hotel for four.
- Virginia is for Lovers apparel for four
- Lodging for two nights at the Comfort Inn Martinsville
- Complimentary admission to the Virginia Museum of Natural History and VIP Behind the Scenes Tour
- Complimentary admission to Baseball Heaven: Indoor Batting Cages and Driving Range
- VIP boat tour of Philpott Lake and guided tour of the museum at Philpott Dam by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Complimentary dinner for four at Wild Magnolia
- Ultimate Fan Gift Basket from the Martinsville-Henry County Economic Development Corporation’s Tourism Division
Martinsville Speedway, founded in 1947 by the late H.Clay Earles, is the only track which has hosted NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races every year since the division’s inception in 1949. Now owned by International Speedway Corporation, Martinsville Speedway conducts four major race event weekends each year - the Goody’s Fast Pain Relief 500 and TUMS Fast Relief 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races, the Kroger 250 and Kroger 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races, the Made In America Whelen 300 NASCAR Modified Tour race, and the Virginia is for Racing Lovers 300 NASCAR Late Model Stock Car race.
Love is at the heart of every Virginia vacation. Visit http://www.Virginia.org to start planning a visit. Or call 1-800-VISITVA to request a free, Virginia is for Lovers travel guide.