Find the One You Love
Richmond, VA (Vocus) July 24, 2008
Virginia's passion for wine marks a major milestone this October with the 20th anniversary of Virginia Wine Month. The state invites travelers to "Find the One You Love" this October among the more than 130 wineries and more than 60 special wine-related events and festivals taking place throughout the month. October is the perfect time of year to celebrate as the wine harvest and 15 million acres of fall foliage are at their peak.
In celebration of Wine Month, Virginia has launched 20 Ways to Celebrate 20 Years of Virginia Wine Month on Virginia.org/wine to help wine lovers live out their passions for new wines, great cuisine and beautiful scenery. The following is a small taste of the 20 ways to drink in the atmosphere of wine travel in Virginia this fall:
- Savor the Reds, Whites and Blues: Enjoy great wine and great music at Virginia Wine Month events such as the Norton Wine and Bluegrass Festival at Chrysalis Vineyards in Northern Virginia on October 4 and 5, celebrating two of Virginia's finest exports, the Norton grape and bluegrass music.
- Pet-friendly Wine Travel: Visitors to Chateau Morrisette on the Blue Ridge Parkway, are greeted by a friendly black Labrador Retriever who also graces select wine labels. On October 11, revel at the Black Dog Wine and Beach Music Festival at the winery's special events pavilion.
- Drink Wine Under the Stars: Virginia Mountain Vineyards in the Shenandoah Valley offers clear skies and an unobstructed view of the constellations, weather permitting, on October 17 and 18. An astronomy expert will be on hand to show celestial points of interest and telescopes will be set up for stargazing to accentuate the wine tasting.
- Raise a Glass with George Washington: Visit Mount Vernon's annual Fall Wine Festival and Sunset Tour on October 3-5 for a taste of sixteen Virginia wineries Enjoy live jazz, tour the rarely-opened cellar vaults where the Father of our Country stashed his private reserve and meet "George Washington" himself on the piazza of Mount Vernon.
- Hot Air Balloon and Wine Festival: Historic Long Branch plantation in Millwood, VA, elevates the spirits of guests with both wine and hot air balloons at its annual festival, held October 18 and 19. Seventeen Virginia wineries gather at the plantation to offer samples along with food and craft vendors, children's games and live music.
Visit http://www.Virginia.org/wine for the complete list of 20 Ways to Celebrate 20 Years of Virginia Wine Month and for additional information on wine travel in Virginia. Call 1-800-932-5827 to request a free, Live Passionately - Virginia is for Lovers travel guide.