Visa today launched payclick by Visa, a new way to pay online, that is ideal for downloadable content such as music, games and movies.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Sydney, Australia (PRWEB) June 25, 2010
Visa today launched payclick by Visa (http://www.payclick.com.au ), a new way to pay online, that is ideal for downloadable content such as music, games and movies. payclick was developed by Visa and Australian consumers are the first to experience this innovative online payment service.
A payclick account – which can be funded from any Visa, MasterCard or bank account – enables consumers to pay online without sharing personal details or financial information with sellers.
Part of Visa’s global innovation strategy, payclick has been developed to respond to the needs of consumers and sellers of lower priced downloadable content. Analysis undertaken by Investment Trends indicates that there will be some $646 million of online micropayments (online payments under $20) in Australia during 2010 across the online gaming, music and micro retail sectors(1).
Today, Big Pond Games, Big Pond Music, Flexischools, Habbo, iTunes and Kids Help Line were announced as the first sellers to accept payclick.
Chris Clark, General Manager Visa, Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific, said: “Visa has been making ecommerce payments as safe, reliable and convenient as possible since the advent of online shopping. With global ecommerce continuing to grow at more than 10 percent(2) annually, payclick continues this evolution. We know consumers seek convenience, security and value when shopping online – and payclick offers a secure new way to pay.”
Greg Storey, General Manager, payclick, said: “payclick is designed to meet growing consumer demand for digital content, such as music, games and movies. payclick accounts are suitable for the different needs of family members, including those under 18 years old.
“We are providing a solution for sellers to monetise their content and services. We see payclick’s potential to expand their market reach and unlock new revenue streams. We are confident payclick’s benefits will inspire many more online sellers to explore how our system can help them connect with new customers.”
For consumers, payclick offers:
- payclick provides consumers with a single, commonly accepted account – one password to authorise purchases from a range of sellers
- The ‘Sponsored Account’ feature enables parents to set up accounts for their teens, allowing them to buy online safely and securely while parents control the amount spent and monitor purchases
- The choice of how to fund their payclick account, using a Visa, MasterCard or bank account
- Once an account is set up, the customer clicks the payclick button on participating merchant sites and enters a password to authorise their purchase
- An automated top-up function to transfer funds to the account on a regular basis
- A detailed transaction history that helps users track their online purchases
- Express purchasing options that help further streamline the buying experience
For sellers, key features include:
- payclick is a new, easy way to pay, with accounts suitable for the different needs of family members including under 18 years
- payclick has been developed specifically to make selling lower priced digital content easier and more profitable
- payclick provides increased security and efficiency by managing all sensitive card or bank account information
- payclick has automated dispute handling to resolve issues quickly and cost-effectively.
(1) Market definition excludes micro-transactions such as parking, tolls, gambling, adult content and payment mechanisms such as mobile phone recharge.
(2) Forrester Research Internet Retail Offline Influence Model, December, 2008 (US).
For further information, images or an interview with Greg Storey please contact:
Kirilly Smith or Campbell Fuller
Porter Novelli on behalf of Visa
T: (02) 8987 2100
M: 0412 449 307 / 0407 170 500
About payclick: payclick is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Visa Inc. the world’s largest global payments technology company. payclick was developed in Australia and connects consumers with online sellers of lower priced downloadable content without sharing personal details or financial information. A payclick account can be funded from a Visa, MasterCard or bank account. For more information visit payclick.com.au.
About Visa: Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories to fast, secure and reliable digital currency. Underpinning digital currency is one of the world’s most advanced processing networks—VisaNet—that is capable of handling more than 10,000 transactions a second, with fraud protection for consumers and guaranteed payment for merchants. Visa is not a bank, and does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations, however, enable its financial institution customers to offer consumers more choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. For more information, visit http://www.corporate.visa.com. Corp
# # #