Everyday, we hear similar stories of thousands of dollars spent by businesses on unnecessary mobile overages. With our simple MobilitlyCentral tool, we are addressing this problem, and have already collectively saved our customers millions of dollars per year on mobility.
San Francisco (Vocus) May 24, 2010
Visage Mobile, provider of the MobilityCentral SaaS application for corporate mobility management, today announced the winners of its “Outrageous Overages” contest, designed to find the strangest and most outrageous employee cell phone abuse stories. The contest received numerous submissions recounting unbelievable stories including thousands of dollars spent on unnecessary roaming charges, SMS texts, calls to 411 and ringtone downloads.
Contest Submission Highlights
- A vice president at our company who accumulated a $35,000 bill in international roaming charges and texting alone in only six months. It's estimated that in the two years the user was with company we spent $100,000 just in international roaming and texting charges...again for one user! And this is on top of the unlimited voice, data and texting package.
- One employee, in only two months, streamed so much video and audio on his corporate mobile device while using his AirCard and travelling abroad, that we ended up with a $10,000 bill when he returned.
- On a trip to Japan, one employee left his air card active for the entire two weeks he was there and came back with a $16,000 cell phone bill.
- We had one employee take his iPhone to Germany and it turns out that he was texting, making phone calls and streaming video. We ended up with a $4,000 bill.
- An employee had been traveling overseas for months and he didn't know that the data plan on his laptop was only setup for domestic data and not international. We determined that the user incurred over 100G of data overages, which cost us $5,000 in charges plus another $5,000 in roaming fees.
The Visage Mobile “Outrageous Overages” contest began on April 6, 2010 and ended on May 7, 2010. The submissions ranged from first hand accounts of mobile overspend to executives charged with managing their business’ corporate mobility across a variety of industries. Winners have been notified, and prizes including Apple iPads and Amazon gift cards are being shipped now.
“The stories told in the submissions we received were not unfamiliar to us,” said Tim Weingarten, CEO of Visage Mobile. “Everyday, we hear similar stories of thousands of dollars spent by businesses on unnecessary mobile overages. With our simple MobilitlyCentral tool, we are addressing this problem, and have already collectively saved our customers millions of dollars per year on mobility.”
About Visage Mobile
Visage Mobile enables companies to take control of their mobility budget and inventory. Its flagship product, MobilityCentral, is a web-based application capable of quickly analyzing data from thousands of employees across multiple carriers. Its customizable reports and actionable metrics are displayed in user-friendly graphs, giving companies unprecedented insight into their mobile activity. From group creation and budgeting to policy and inventory management, MobilityCentral provides critical information enterprises need to get the most out of their mobile technology. Founded in 2008, Visage Mobile can be found online at http://www.visagemobile.com and is based in San Francisco.