VO2 testing is amazing in its versatility. It’s one of the few tests that can give such an extensive overview of one of the body’s systems. The testing consists of a period of time with the correct monitoring equipment on a treadmill so patients don’t even feel as if they are undergoing any sort of uncomfortable, extensive testing procedure.
Phoenix, AZ (Vocus) July 19, 2010
BioCosmetic Center releases top 5 reasons for VO2 testing. VO2 testing is a measure of the energy cost of exercise under steady conditions. It is said to be the best measure of an individual’s cardiovascular and/or aerobic health.
VO2 testing measures:
1. How well the heart is beating/functioning
2. Healthy elasticity of vessels; how well they are expanding
3. Number of capillary vessels working to bring oxygenated blood to the muscles
The single number rating obtained through VO2 testing is a compilation of these factors that represents the overall health of the cardiovascular system.
Top 5 Reasons for VO2 Testing:
1. Family history of cardiovascular disease
2. Unexplained health conditions that may have a possible relation to the cardiovascular system
3. Athletes looking to perfect their training regimen (knowledge of their VO2 max is helpful)
4. Individuals looking to implement a strenuous exercise program after a long period of inactivity attempt to ensure their system is healthy enough to handle the abrupt change
5. Monitoring of symptoms related to specific cardiovascular conditions or potential cardiovascular conditions
Eric Jantze of BioCosmetic Center said, “VO2 testing is amazing in its versatility. It’s one of the few tests that can give such an extensive overview of one of the body’s systems. The testing consists of a period of time with the correct monitoring equipment on a treadmill so patients don’t even feel as if they are undergoing any sort of uncomfortable, extensive testing procedure.”
BioCosmetic Center offers all inclusive, personalized programs to aid individuals in obtaining their physical goals. Programs can include any of the following: acne scar removal, liposuction, Botox, weight loss, scar removal, bio-identical hormones, dermal fillers, VO2 testing and more.
To get further information on BioCosmetic Center or current standards in the industry get in touch with Eric Jantze:
Contact: Eric Jantze
Company: BioCosmetic Center