Lanham, MD (Vocus) February 26, 2008
- The webinar is to be held on Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 2:00 pm ET.
- Free registration is available at http://tinyurl.com/35q34z.
- Speakers include leading social media experts Brian Solis and Chris Heuer as well as representatives from disclosure-based newswires: Monika Maeckle from Business Wire and Thom Brodeur from Marketwire.
- Webinar to be moderated by PRWeb.
- Topics to be covered include: key elements of the Social Media Release (SMR), best practices, challenges and opportunities associated with the new format, and the future of the SMR.
- A replay of the webinar will be available free of charge following the event. To access, go to http://onlinepressroom.net/vocus, and then select 'Events' in the right column.
- This webinar is part of Vocus' monthly series to provide educational and informational resources for organizations on public relations best practices and techniques that can be applied to their everyday communications campaigns.
- Editorial Note: Click here to view release in the traditional format
Attributed to Bill Wagner, chief marketing officer at Vocus, Inc.:
- Our customers are curious about the latest trends in online news releases as well as monitoring the impact that social media has on their public relations efforts.
- Vocus has designed its webinars not only to educate our customers but everyone in PR on these types of trends and issues shaping the industry.
Attributed to Jen McClure, executive director, Society for New Communications Research:
- Social media presents both challenges and opportunities for the public relations profession.
- Vocus, our corporate member, is helping to lead the education of PR professionals about new and emerging social media tools, technologies and techniques.
- With many PR professionals today integrating new strategies into their traditional public relations initiatives, this webinar offers them best practices for getting started and deploying them.
- Social Media Release Project: http://www.socialmediarelease.org
- Guide to Social Media Releases: http://www.briansolis.com/2008/02/definitive-guide-to-social-media.html
- How to write a Social Media Release: http://www.briansolis.com/2006/11/how-to-write-social-media-press.html
- SHIFT Communications SMR Template: http://www.shiftcomm.com/downloads/smprtemplate.pdf
- Future of the Social Media Release: http://www.briansolis.com/2007/10/future-of-social-media-release-is-in.html
About Vocus, Inc.
Vocus, Inc. (NASDAQ: VOCS) is a leading provider of on-demand software for public relations management. Our web-based software suite helps organizations of all sizes to fundamentally change the way they communicate with both the media and the public, optimizing their public relations and increasing their ability to measure its impact. Our on-demand software addresses the critical functions of public relations including media relations, news distribution and news monitoring. We deliver our solutions over the Internet using a secure, scalable application and system architecture, which allows our customers to eliminate expensive up-front hardware and software costs and to quickly deploy and adopt our on-demand software. Vocus is used by more than 2,400 organizations worldwide and is available in five languages. Vocus is based in Lanham, MD with offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information please visit http://www.vocus.com or call 800.345.5572.
This release contains " "may," "will," "expects," "projects," "anticipates," "estimates," "believes," "intends," "plans," "should," "seeks," and similar expressions. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that may cause actual future results to differ materially from those projected or contemplated in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements may be significantly impacted by certain risks and uncertainties described in Vocus' filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.