Austin, TX (PRWEB) August 11, 2010
Volusion, the leading provider of ecommerce software and services for online merchants, today announced its award-winning software platform powers OverstockDeals.com. OverstockDeals, based in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, is a leading supplier of home improvement products ranging from bathroom sinks to water heaters. After several years of success in his physical location, CEO Dave Ems decided to expand the business by selling online.
Choosing Volusion as its first ecommerce solution, OverstockDeals experienced big-time growth. Going from $3,000 per month in sales to over $560,000 per month, total sales for 2009 were $1.9M and are forecasted to reach $7.2M in 2010. This significant growth for this leading ecommerce retailer is expected to continue over the next several years.
When a customer visits a traditional retail store, store employees are there to answer questions and demonstrate in-depth product features. The biggest challenge in achieving online success for OverstockDeals was building and maintaining close customer connections. Thus, finding an ecommerce solution that would complement its customer service dedication was critical.
The Right Platform
After hearing about Volusion from a friend, Dave decided to test drive Volusion in Fall 2008. After navigating through all the features and seeing firsthand how easy it is to start selling products online, OverstockDeals chose Volusion as its ecommerce solution. The new online store launched in January 2009 with content-rich product listings, extensive buying guides, installation tips and expert advice. The company also took advantage of Volusion’s custom design services to fully tailor the look and feel of their ecommerce site.
Volusion offered the following features and benefits that were critical to the success of OverstockDeals:
Out of this World Support™ – The free 24x7x365 live support has been an invaluable resource for Dave. As questions come up, Volusion‘s representatives are ready to handle and explain any issue quickly and thoroughly.
- Marketing Toolbox – OverstockDeals takes advantage of Volusion’s marketing tools and increases sales through savvy marketing efforts. From creating enticing coupons to notifying customers when products come back into stock, communication with customers is easy and effective.
- Convenient Order Processing – OverstockDeals can move hundreds of orders at once, directly print shipping labels, and track orders every step of the way. It's like having an entire warehouse staff at their fingertips.
- Full Customization – Volusion worked with OverstockDeals to understand the company’s vision and creative needs. Then, the Web designers at Volusion created a beautiful homepage design and interactive website.
- Integrated SEO – Site is easily search engine optimized resulting in top-ranked Google pages for target keywords without third party SEO programs, giving the business immediate credibility.
- Stringent Security – Data is secured against theft or manipulation with integrated IP blocking, 24x7x365 surveillance and advanced encryption. PCI/CISP certification also ensures maximum protection of card-holder data. Volusion provides OverstockDeals with a guarantee that its customers’ credit card information is securely collected, protected and stored.
- “Every now and then someone comes up with a ‘big-idea’ that may present itself as a significant opportunity to grow our business. For example, SEO. When we contact Volusion on these ‘big-ideas’, they already have an implementation process or solution in place for us,” said Dave Ems, CEO of OverstockDeals.
- “It is very comforting to know that Volusion is equally-dedicated to the success of our business as we are,” said Ems.
- “Volusion has been our partner every step of the way to help us grow our business and to expand our web presence. Simply put, without Volusion, we wouldn’t be where we are today in terms of customer reach and sales,” said Ems.
- “It is always rewarding to work with dedicated business owners like Dave Ems and the OverstockDeals team. We understand the importance of maintaining customer relationships and are thrilled to work with people who share the same values,” said Clay Olivier, COO/CMO of Volusion.
Volusion is the leader in shopping cart software for online businesses. Over the last 10 years, thousands of companies have used Volusion to succeed online, including market leaders such as Disney, Motorola, Chicago Tribune, Michigan State University and Crutchfield. Volusion is the only ecommerce provider to offer free, 24x7x365 Out of this World™ Support to merchants. For more information about Volusion, please visit http://www.volusion.com.
# # #