I am very proud of Puja. Not only is she a great employee, she is a tremendous advocate of the internal audit profession
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) June 08, 2017
Puja Shah, Director of Audit and Risk Services for Vonya Global, has been named the William C. Anderson Member of the Year by the Institute of Internal Auditors’ Chicago Chapter. The William C. Anderson award is the Chicago chapter’s highest honor and it recognizes the individual who has made the most outstanding contribution to the chapter over the current year. The award is named after William C. Anderson, who was a past President of the Chicago Chapter (1973 – 1974), a veteran of WWII, and a trailblazer in the internal audit profession. The award recipient is selected from candidates who were nominated because of their exceptional work, dedication, and contributions to the chapter in a volunteer capacity.
Puja has served as the Chair of the Chicago Chapter’s NextGen Advisory Board for the past two years. In this role, she has been instrumental in increasing the millennial generation’s influence over the chapter’s operations and programming. Specifically, over the last year, Puja has achieved the following:
- Recruited 8 new members to the NextGen board and redefined the responsibilities and expectations for serving on the board.
- Led monthly NextGen Advisory Board meetings to discuss Chapter operations and events.
- Planned and hosted multiple professional and networking events, including the Junior Achievement Bowl-A-Thon.
- Led an initiative to audit the Chicago Chapter’s communication strategy, benchmarking the strategy against other IIA Chapters and communications best practices.
- Led an initiative to review, update, and modify all Chapter Committee Charters to ensure consistency and accuracy. This review also included a holistic assessment of the content of the charters and if they are meeting the needs of the Chapter and current membership.
She has encouraged members of the NextGen to increase their participation in Chapter Operations, where two members now serve as committee chairs, and the remaining members serve on various committees. In January 2017, Puja was nominated and elected to the Chapter’s Board of Governors and has since been re-elected to serve an additional 2-year term.
Puja Shah is a Director of Audit and Risk Services for Vonya Global and leads the firm’s financial services advisory practice. Puja is responsible for developing methodologies, providing quality assurance and project oversight, in addition to managing client relationships and growing the practice. She is a thought leader in the profession with a depth of risk and audit experience gained from working for a variety of financial institutions.
Vonya Global Managing Partner, Veronika Fritz, stated: "I am very proud of Puja. Not only is she a great employee, she is a tremendous advocate of the internal audit profession. I am thrilled that she is being recognized for her contributions."
ABOUT VONYA GLOBAL: Vonya Global is a management consulting firm that provides internal audit, corporate governance, compliance, and risk management services to global corporations. The firm’s assurance and advisory services assist Audit Committees, Audit Executives, and Executive Management in assessing and improving effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls in operations, financial reporting, information technology, and compliance. While headquartered in Chicago, IL, Vonya Global has regional operations throughout the world.
Vonya Global LLC
150 N. Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60601