As the consumerization of IT continues, mobile security is an increasingly serious IT security problem
Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) October 13, 2011
eEye Digital Security, the company that provides Security in Context, today released a new version of Retina CS, which dramatically reduces security risks in physical and mobile environments. With this release, Retina CS is the first vulnerability management solution to provide mobile device assessment as part of its unified vulnerability management solution, decreasing mobile security risks and protecting against data theft.
Because security around mobile devices is generally not integrated into overall security and vulnerability management practices, organizations are open to network security breaches, data loss, intellectual property theft, and regulatory compliance issues. Retina CS allows organizations to identify mobile vulnerabilities within the context of all vulnerabilities, to prioritize and fix the highest risk issues first—all from a single, web-based console. Benefits include:
- Complete visibility and context on all vulnerabilities – including those from mobile devices – to find and fix weaknesses from a central management console
- Decreased mobile security risks through agent-less technology that extends vulnerability management capabilities to BlackBerry devices through the BlackBerry Enterprise Server
- Efficient and effective mobile security management with built-in and custom scanning for weaknesses in mobile device hardware, applications, and configurations
In addition to vulnerability management for mobile devices, Retina CS 2.6 also brings several new features and enhancements that improve security risk remediation, reporting, and insight including:
- Patching for Microsoft and Third-Party Applications: Simplify remediation with integrated patching for both Windows and third-party applications.
- New Heat Maps with Exploit Data: Improve risk prioritization with exploit mappings from Core Impact, Metasploit, and Exploit DB provided in an easy-to-read Heat Map with one-click drilldown to details.
- New Assets View: Improve efficiencies with access to detailed information across vulnerabilities, ports, services, users, malware and attacks in a single click.
- Nested Smart Groups: Improve asset organization and optimize scanning with nested smart groups.
- Scanner Pooling & Locking: Optimize performance and control by assigning scan jobs to pools of scanners and locking certain scanners to specific Smart Groups.
“This release of Retina CS brings many unique capabilities particularly around mobile security. As the consumerization of IT continues, mobile security is an increasingly serious IT security problem,” said Brad Hibbert, vice president of strategy at eEye Digital Security. “The visibility that Retina CS provides eliminates the ‘blind spots’ mobile devices can create to reduce security risks in both physical and mobile environments.”
Retina CS 2.6 with vulnerability management for mobile devices is available now. It is also included for free with Retina CS Community for up to 128 IPs-download now.
Since 1998, eEye Digital Security has made vulnerability and compliance management simpler and more efficient by providing the only unified solution that integrates assessment, mitigation, protection, and reporting into a complete offering with optional add-on modules for configuration compliance, regulatory reporting, and integrated patch management. eEye's world-renowned research and development team is consistently the first to uncover critical vulnerabilities and build new protections into our solutions to prevent their exploit. Thousands of mid-to-large-size private-sector and government organizations, including the largest vulnerability management installations in the world, rely on eEye to protect against the latest known and zero-day vulnerabilities.