We continue to develop and distribute high quality, safe, free entertainment downloads.
St. Cloud, MN (PRWEB) August 9, 2007
Warning bsaver.zip is not a screensaver! W3i has been advised that there is widespread distribution of the file by email. It actuality infects Windows PCs installing a trojan horse and rootkits. The emails claim that the recipient has been sent a screensaver by a friend and tells the user to open the attachment, called bsaver.zip.
W3i, a creator and distributor of screensavers, is very concerned and would like to review what consumers should be looking for before opening attachments or downloading software.
Before installing software consumers should:
- Know the identity of the software provider and the functionality of the software
- Have the option to decline any software
- Review the End User License Agreement and Privacy Statement
- Review directions on how to remove the software once it is installed
- Know the consequences of installing the software (i.e. collection of personally identifiable information, use of information, or ad supported)
"Millions of consumers have found original, high quality 3D screensavers, wallpaper and other downloads at our sites, Freeze.com, Screensaver.com and Wallpapers.com." said Robert Weber, CEO of W3i. "We continue to develop and distribute high quality, safe, free entertainment downloads." Click here to learn more in our Consumer Resources and Education section.