With its unique spa feature, it will offer the ultimate in relaxation and renewal, immersing our guests in sensuality and transporting them to a state of inner calm and peace.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Wailea, Maui, Hawaii (Vocus) January 16, 2008
It’s a new dawn at Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, where the highly anticipated Maluhia Serenity Pool featuring six exclusive over-the-water cabanas recently opened.
A traditional Hawaiian blessing ceremony marked the crowning (and final) touch of a two-year $60 million property-wide transformation. The coolest addition, the new Maluhia Serenity Pool, features health-promoting saline filtered water with priceless sunset and ocean views. To top it off, Maluhia Serenity Pool creates that serene and sensual ambiance with the offering of six over-the-water cabanas for spa treatments, making it one of a kind amid the luxurious amenities of the Wailea Resort destination.
“Maluhia means ‘peace’ in Hawaiian, and our new Maluhia Serenity Pool, with its splendid natural setting just above the shoreline, captures the essence of the island experience,” said John Jaskula, general manager of Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. “With its unique spa feature, it will offer the ultimate in relaxation and renewal, immersing our guests in sensuality and transporting them to a state of inner calm and peace.”
The just-opened pool is located on Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa’s expansive Molokini Lawn, overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Maui’s scenic neighbor islands: Lanai, Molokai, and Kahoolawe. The centerpiece of Maluhia Serenity Pool is the over-the-water cabanas. Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa will use these unique cabanas to take the outdoor spa experience to a whole new level in 2008, by offering treatments surrounded by water.
Other highlights of Maluhia Serenity Pool include:
- 4,663 square feet of water surface
- 131,790 gallons of saline-filtered heated water
- Depth up to 4’8”
- Night enhanced fiber optic lighting
- 180 degree unobstructed views of the Pacific Ocean
- Illuminated cabanas
- Serene Hawaiian music playing over surround sound speakers
With the addition of the Maluhia Serenity Pool, Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa is now home to five outdoor swimming pools. While Maluhia Serenity Pool will be reserved for resort guests 18 years of age and over, there are more outdoor pools from which guests could choose to enjoy:
- Makani pools & Hot Tubs: Named after the trade winds and cool breeze that flows through the area, the 2 Makani pools are the perfect place for fun and sun.
- Wailele pools & slides: Hawaiian for waterfall, this pool area is equipped with 3 slides and a sandy beach pool for keiki and family to enjoy.
Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, which offers the best oceanfront location within the luxurious Wailea Resort destination, has just completed a $60 million transformation.
The featured resort highlights are:
- Brand new guest arrival experience in the lobby with new tile flooring, reflecting pond, and individualized marble and wood registration pods for a more engaging experience between guest and associate.
- 546 completely redesigned guestrooms & suites, featuring Marriott’s “Revive” bed and linen collection and all new baths featuring a Kohler Tea for Two deep-soaking tub.
- Executive suites that offer hardwood floors and plasma screen televisions.
- The new Mandara Spa has been recognized recently by Conde Nast Traveler in the ''2007 Hot Spa List'' and by Concierge.com in the ''2007 Gold List.'' The 10,000 square-foot spa offers 11 treatment rooms including a new oceanview deluxe couples suite, or an oceanfront cabana located on the ocean’s edge. The spa also offers a full-service salon with facilities for hair, make-up and nail services.
- A state-of-the-art 2,100 square-foot fitness center located adjacent to Mandara Spa.
- 100% smoke free environment including guest rooms, restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, and public spaces such as the lobby.
- Scheduled to open January 28, 2008, Mala Wailea, a new restaurant from Hawaii Regional Cuisine Chef/Owner Mark Ellman.
For more information or reservations, please visit http://www.WaileaMarriott.com or call 1-808-879-1922.
Editor’s Note: Additional photos of Maluhia Serenity Pool and resort, including a high-resolution version of the above photo, are available upon request.
For More Information, Contact:
Bernie Caalim, Senior Vice President, or Noreen Kam, Account Supervisor
1003 Bishop Street, Pauahi Tower, Suite 950
Honolulu, HI 96813
Phone: (808) 531-0244
Fax: (808) 521-7163
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Director of Marketing Communications
Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
3700 Wailea Alanui
Wailea, Hawaii 96753
Phone: (808) 874-7878
Fax: (808) 874-7814