DIATEC is a particularly popular enclosure in what has become a rapidly growing segment of the electronic enclosures market.
Bridgeville, PA (PRWEB) October 18, 2011
OKW has extended its popular DIATEC range of wall mount enclosures with two new sizes to meet growing demand.
The new smaller size XS and larger size L models complement the existing size S and size M DIATEC plastic enclosures.
Typical applications for the new models will include machine controllers, door entry systems, time loggers, detection systems, communications devices, medical and wellness equipment.
DIATEC instrument enclosures have a modern contoured design with a central control panel for mounting a membrane keypad, display module or push-button switches.
The range is now available in four standard sizes with external dimensions from 6.10” x 5.91” x 1.46” to 12.99” x 7.87” x 1.89”. The central control panel is recessed by 0.10” to suit different types of membrane keypad or product label.
DIATEC ABS enclosures (UL 94 HB) come in two standard colors, lava gray and off-white. Other colors can be molded or painted on request.
The new XS models consist of a top and base part assembled with two fixing screws hidden on the underside.
The S, M and L plastic electronic enclosures comprise four molded parts: top, base and two contoured side panels that are snapped into place. All the assembly and mounting screws are hidden by the side panels to give a clean and secure appearance.
In the three larger enclosures, the interior can be subdivided using the accessory slot-in panels. Screw pillars are molded in the top and base parts of all models for mounting the PCBs and electronic assemblies.
Sizes S and M can be fitted with accessory hinged lids to protect the keypad area. These lids are available in solid ABS and also in either translucent or transparent polycarbonate.
Power cables can enter these PCB enclosures via the underside or base panel. Alternatively, when used in remote locations or as portable units, the DIATEC enclosures can be fitted with batteries. Two 1.5V AA cells or a single 9V cell (S, M and L) can be accommodated in the base part. Prices for the new models start at $30.
OKW can also supply DIATEC as custom electronic enclosures with:
- additional holes for keypads, connectors, controls and displays
- silk-screen printed legends and logos
- RFI shielding.
OKW Enclosures, Inc, Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey, said: “DIATEC is a particularly popular enclosure in what has become a rapidly growing segment of the electronic enclosures market.
“Now, with the new sizes, we can bring DIATEC’s versatility and clever design features to an even wider audience.”
Features of DIATEC wall mount enclosures:
- Contoured enclosures in four sizes
- For wall mounted or desktop electronics
- Central control panel for mounting a keypad, touch screen or display unit
- Knockouts in the base for easy wall mounting
- Snap-on side panels allow installation without disassembly of the top panel
- Side panel locking tabs for anti-tampering
- Slot-in panels (accessories) can be used to separate the electronics and terminal areas
- Internal screw pillars for PCBs etc
- Battery compartment for 1.5V AA or 9V cells
- Hinged lids in solid ABS or in either translucent or transparent polycarbonate
- Materials – ABS (UL 94 HB) case and solid lids; PC (UL 94 HB) translucent lids
- Protection Class – IP40
- Standard colors – off-white (RAL 9002), lava gray (NCS S 7502-B)
- Case Components – base molding, top molding, x2 snap-on side panels, fixings and x2 locking tabs
- Accessories – hinged lids, internal slot-in panels, battery contacts, PCB screws.
For more information about DIATEC wall mount enclosures, view the OKW website or contact OKW Enclosures, Inc, Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey, Tel: 800-965-9872.
Notes for Editors
OKW ENCLOSURES, INC.
Abele Business Park
3000 Old Pond Road
Tel. 800 965 9872
Tel. 412 220 9244
Fax. 412 220 9247
# # #