Type S enclosures have given their users sterling service and now WALLTEC makes it easy to upgrade to more weatherproof enclosures.
Fareham, Hampshire (PRWEB UK) 29 June 2011
OKW has launched its tough new WALLTEC wall mount enclosures, replacing the previous TYPE S series with a more modern and robust design rated to the higher protection class of IP65.
Typical applications for the new WALLTEC enclosures will include controller units for heating, air conditioning and lighting, flow meters, process controls, timers, monitoring equipment and security systems.
Two standard types of WALLTEC plastic enclosures are available:
- Type I has an open front section for fitting an aluminium front panel or a recessed cover. They are moulded as ABS enclosures (UL 94 HB) for regular applications.
- Type II is fitted with a transparent hinged front cover with quick-action lock. It is moulded in polycarbonate (UL 94 5V) – this high flame class rating is ideal for industrial applications. The material is also highly resistant to UV radiation which makes it more suitable for permanent use outdoors.
WALLTEC waterproof enclosures are available in six basic sizes with external dimensions from 166 x 160 x 80mm to 383 x 316 x 134mm. These sizes are similar to the previous TYPE S range, so switchover should be very easy.
All models have a separate terminal compartment with removable lid for independent access to the cables and terminals during installation and servicing. The main internal area has guide grooves and screw bosses for fitting PCBs, mounting plates and assemblies.
Both types can be fitted with an accessory anodised aluminium front panel for mounting the controls and displays. Type I can also be fitted with an attractive moulded ABS cover which has a recessed area for mounting a membrane keypad or a product label.
A three-point mounting system is moulded into the rear part of the WALLTEC enclosures. This makes it very easy to mount these electronic enclosures to a wall or machine housing. Accessory external mounting brackets are also available for mounting sealed units. Prices for the enclosures start at £42.
Other accessories include an internal mounting plate for the electronic assemblies, a DIN rail mounting kit for the whole enclosure and security screws for the transparent cover.
OKW can supply WALLTEC enclosures with additional holes for keypads, connectors, controls and displays, plus EMC shielding and silk-screen printed legends and logos.
OKW Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox said: “Type S enclosures have given their users sterling service and now WALLTEC makes it easy to upgrade to more weatherproof enclosures.”
Features of WALLTEC IP65 enclosures:
- Modern and tough wall mount enclosures for industrial electronics
- Replaces previous Type S cases
- Moulded in ABS or high flame class rated polycarbonate (UL 94 5V)
- Separate terminal compartment for connections
- With or without hinged transparent cover
- Transparent cover with quick action lock, left or right hand hinged, can also be screw fixed
- Aluminium front panel for both versions
- Recessed front lid for membrane keypads, displays, controls or product labels
- Three-point wall mounting system
- Enclosure can be mounted while closed using optional wall mounting brackets
- Enclosure can also be DIN Rail mounted
- Internal screw pillars for mounting PCBs
- Pre-moulded openings for security tags
- Materials: ABS (UL 94 HB), PC (UL 94 5V)
- Standard colour: Light grey, RAL 7035
- Accessories: Polycarbonate front lid, aluminium front panels, steel mounting plate, external wall mounting brackets, DIN-Rail mounting kit, cable glands, fixing screws for transparent cover.
The WALLTEC series is part of a wide range of IP rated enclosures manufactured by OKW.
For more information about wall mount enclosures, view OKW’s website or contact Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox, +44 (0)1489 583858.
Notes For Editors
OKW ENCLOSURES LTD
15 Brunel Way
Tel: +44 (0)1489 583858
Fax: +44 (0)1489 583836
# # #