Dallas, TX (PRWEB) May 10, 2013
The global wearable electronics market was worth more than $2.5 billion in revenue in 2012 and is expected to cross $8 billion in 2018, growing at a healthy CAGR of 17.7% from 2013 to 2018. In terms of products, wrist-wear accounted for the largest market revenue in 2012, with total revenue of the most established wearable electronic products - wrist-watches and wrist-bands combined, crossing $850 million.
Among application sectors, consumer applications accounted for the largest market share, with revenue crossing $2 billion, as of 2012. However, that of enterprise and industrial application is expected to grow at the highest CAGR (more than 21%), during the forecast period of 2013 to 2018. North America, with U.S. accounting for more than 80% of the market is the single largest revenue base for this global market, and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period as well. However, the market in Asia–Pacific, with China leading the way, is likely to grow at the highest CAGR during the next five years.
This report based on an in-depth research study on the wearable electronics market and its related industries, focuses on the complete global market for all types of wearable electronic products which are available commercially and which are yet to commercialize in the near future (before 2018). The report’s market scope covers the market for wearable electronic products which includes market for all wristbands (like Nike+ fuelband), all smart goggles (with all display technologies along with HUD & HMD), and all wearable footwear (including special ones with activity tracking sensors), clothing & apparel (including smart textiles) and others (ring scanners & neck-wear) for different applications across all industry verticals.
The report excludes all typical traditional wearable products, gadgets or devices that dos not employ “wearable technologies” or “wearable computing” such as conventional wrist-wear (traditional watches), eye-wear (traditional glasses or goggles), foot-wear (shoes), neck-wear (necklaces or ties) and body –wear (textiles), with no advanced computing and communication technologies embedded in them.
The report presents a detailed insight on the current wearable electronic industry, and identifies key trends of various segments of the market with in-depth quantitative and qualitative information. The report segments the global wearable electronics market on the basis of types of components and products, technologies, form-factor, application, and geography. Further, it contains revenue forecasts, and trend analysis with respect to the market’s time-line.
The report also identifies the drivers, restraints, opportunities, current market trends, winning imperatives, and burning issues of the global wearable electronics market. Apart from the market segmentation, the report also includes the critical market data and qualitative information for each product type along with qualitative analysis such as Porter’s five force analysis, market time-line analysis, market investment analysis, industry breakdown analysis and value chain analysis.
Lastly, the report provides in-depth competitive intelligence on the market, and profiles 23 promising players in the wearable technology market ecosystem. The competitive landscape section also includes market share analysis (with estimated market shares and rankings) for each of the product categories in this market, and similarly for the overall components market.
The report also gives information on the key product & technology launches, announcements, agreements, partnerships, JVs, collaborations, contracts, awards, mergers & acquisitions related to the wearable electronics ecosystem.
Key Take-Aways for http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/243449-wearable-electronics-market-and-technology-analysis-2013-2018-by-components-sensors-battery-display-networking-applications-consumer-healthcare-enterprise-products-smart-textiles-glasses-watches-e-materials-geography.html
- Market statistics with detailed classifications and splits by revenue and volume
- The key trends related to the product technology, prices, and the applications that shape and influence market
- Analysis of the global market with special focus on high growth application in each vertical and fast growing application market segments
- Impact analysis of the market dynamics with factors currently driving and restraining the growth of the market, along with their impact in the short, medium, and long term landscapes
- Detailed Porter's analysis, market life cycle analysis of wearable electronics technology, and its respective markets
- Detailed segmentation of global market by product and component with a focus on cross segment markets like application and industry verticals
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast of the major geographical markets to give an overall view of the global market
- The future of the global market & industry from both - technical and market-oriented perspectives with techno-market oriented roadmaps till 2018
- Detailed competitive landscape with identification of the key players with respect to each type of market, in-depth market share analysis with individual revenue, market shares, and market share rankings
- Competitive intelligence from the company profiles, key player strategies, game-changing developments such as product launches, and acquisitions
Explore more reports on Semiconductor and Electronics Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/semiconductor-and-electronics/ , IT & Telecommunication Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/information-technology/ and Healthcare IT Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/tags/healthcare-it-market-research.html.
ReportsnReports.com (http://www.reportsnreports.com/) is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ reports and in-depth studies of 5000+ micro markets.