Weather Central helps ensure that its broadcast customers adapt to changing viewing habits with tools that bring the most accurate weather information home to their audience, no matter where they are.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Madison, Wisconsin and Las Vegas, Nevada (PRWEB) March 22, 2011
Weather Central, provider of the most-viewed broadcast weather system in the world, today announced an extensive lineup of new and enhanced tools and products that empower local TV stations and broadcast groups to engage their viewers through smartphones, tablets, PCs and connected TVs. The entire lineup—which includes a full suite of solutions for mobile web, WAP, iPhone, iPad and Android platforms—will be on display at NAB 2011, April 11-14, in Weather Central’s booth (SU7502) at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“New devices and constant connectivity is changing the way viewers interact with broadcasters,” says Weather Central vice president Bill Boss. “Weather Central helps ensure that its broadcast customers adapt to those changing viewing habits with tools that bring the most accurate weather information home to their audience, no matter where they are.”
At NAB, Weather Central will debut:
Solutions for streamlined multi-screen delivery
Duplication of effort and resources can make delivering weather a challenge. Weather Central has worked closely with its broadcast customers to simplify workflows with new tools including:
- Forecast Tailor™ -- an easy-to-use web app, exclusive to Weather Central, that ensures broadcasters have the same forecast on every screen. Forecast Tailor eliminates the repetition and potential inconsistency inherent in pushing weather content simultaneously to web sites, mobile platforms and other display devices by automatically populating templates for each target with information drawn from any Weather Central broadcast production system.
- News Synergy™ – the first mobile app creation solution that enables media companies to offer sophisticated mobile apps, complete with integrated local station video, that run on viewers’ Apple® iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad™ and Google Android™ mobile digital devices. Developed in conjunction with Inergize Digital, News Synergy is easily customized with local station branding, self-serve advertising, Weather Central Interactive Radar™, integrated and searchable classifieds, as well as locally branded weather, news, sports, video and other information.
Compelling Apps for Every Screen
Weather Central offers broadcasters a broad and increasing variety of compelling, device-specific apps. Weather Central is the only solution provider to offer completely “white label” apps – putting the broadcasters own brand front and center before their viewers. The latest app offerings include:
- Connected TV –a comprehensive weather app customized for deployment on Internet-connected TVs including Google TV and others.
- Weather 360™ – the first iPhone app to leverage the device’s onboard GPS, compass and live weather data to tell consumers how far away weather is that will impact them.
- Go Time™ – this new web app calculates how long a driving trip will take by analyzing both traffic and dynamic weather information, and then recommends an optimal start time for the shortest duration trip possible.
- WeatherNOW™ – a comprehensive weather app for iPhone, iPad and Android devices that delivers geo-located radar and weather info, push alerts, local station video, as well as Weather Central’s exclusive FutureCast™ and iFactor™ information.
- When Will It Rain™ – a new web and iPhone app that leverages Weather Central’s exclusive 1km resolution forecast data—the highest resolution in the industry—to predict with stunning accuracy how long it will be before precipitation reaches the user.
One-to-One Connection with Viewers
Weather Central provides broadcasters with a deep toolset for providing viewers with highly personalized weather information. Enhancements to these offerings include:
- Personal MicroCast – provides viewers with a personalized weather page branded by the local station that uses Weather Central’s patented hyper-local point forecast to give viewers the most precise forecasts for their exact location.
- Interactive Radar -- offer viewers an engaging interactive web environment that integrates high-resolution radar and clouds with a Microsoft® Bing™ map, allowing users to pan, scroll and zoom down to the street level. Smoothview™ technology keeps the radar focused at any zoom level, ensuring that viewers are presented with the most accurate, hyper-local radar presentation.
For more information about Weather Central visit http://www.wxc.com.
About Weather Central, LP
Weather Central, LP, founded in 1974 by broadcasters and meteorologists based in Madison, Wisconsin, is the leading provider of professional on‐air, online, print, mobile and enterprise weather solutions and forecasting in North America and to major customers worldwide. Utilizing the Company’s dynamic weather graphics, precise forecast models and data, and patented technology, more than 1000 partners and hundreds of millions of consumers worldwide benefit from Weather Central’s attention to weather presentation, detail and insight.
© 2011 Weather Central, LP, Madison, Wis. All rights reserved. Product specifications and availability are subject to change without notice. Weather Central LLC, :LIVE, GENESIS:LIVE, 3D:LIVE, ESP:LIVE, Weather Central MagicTRAK, LiveLine GENESIS, A.D.O.N.I.S. MicroCast, A.D.O.N.I.S. FutureCast, StormSentinel DV, WxWarn2, ScreenWRITER, SportsWRITER, SimulCAST, X‐Vision, Storm Vitals, TelePath, RainVision, SnowVision, FunnelPATH, CellPATH, HailZONE, GustZONE, MessoPATH, Always‐On Training, Instant Mapping and WxPoint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Weather Central LP.
All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Press Contact for Weather Central:
Tel: +1 845.883.2109
# # #