Atlanta (PRWEB) September 29, 2008
When temperatures start to drop, leaves change color, and football fever has swept the nation, it is clear that autumn has finally arrived. Just in time for fall, The Weather Channel Interactive, Inc. has launched its Fall Foliage section on the weather.com site to keep users in the know about seasonal changes. The section is designed to allow visitors to enjoy the colors of the season by featuring video slideshows and user-submitted autumn photos as well as regional forecast maps and the national outlook on fall foliage. Visit the site at http://www.weather.com/fallfoliage.
Key features of the Fall Foliage section include:
- Easy-to-read, color-coded regional maps that illustrate peak viewing times throughout the country
- A look at some recommendations for the top scenic foliage drives, and tips and help to plan your fall getaway.
- The Weather Channel invites viewers and users to submit to the site their own photos and video of fall colors, autumn activities and celebrations of nature.
- Custom video slideshow showcasing the beauty of the season.
- Video forecasts of leaf conditions nationwide explain where in the nation will have the earliest freeze, warmest fall, most "fall-like" weather, etc.
- Information on the science behind why leaves change
The Weather Channel will also feature several fall-specific programming options on air, including fall foliage updates and reports on fall weather conditions.
For more information online about forecasts and weather updates for fall, visit http://www.weather.com.
About The Weather Channel Interactive
The Weather Channel Interactive is the leading provider of broadband and wireless weather products including weather.com, Desktop Weather by The Weather Channel, and The Weather Channel Mobile. weather.com, the Web site of The Weather Channel, is the ultimate source of weather on the Web helping users plan their lives by delivering timely current conditions, expert forecasts and relevant lifestyle content for 98,000 locations worldwide. The Weather Channel reaches more than 35 million unique users online each month and is the most popular source of online weather, news and information according to Nielsen//NetRatings. The Weather Channel Interactive also provides consumers with unique and customizable products such as Desktop Weather and a full lineup of mobile services including downloads, messaging, mobile Web, and mobile video. Other TWCi sites include forGetaway.com, a vacation home rental site, Forecast Earth, a site dedicated to the discussion of climate change, and a series of international sites, including http://www.weather.co.uk, meteo123.com, wetter123.com, canaldotempo.com and weather.com/espanol
For more information on The Weather Channel Companies, including press releases, images, executive information and backgrounders please visit weather.com/press.
# # #