We're excited to introduce innovative new technology that helps couples plan their big day while also offering wedding professionals an easy way to demonstrate their expertise to local customers. It's amazing - the things that can happen when you give people the opportunity to help each other.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) June 24, 2008
Today's newly engaged couples are overwhelmed with the excessive amount of "wedding resources" available to them. Many brides confess that they are lost in a virtual sea of wedding sites, blogs, magazines and articles. "I had no idea it was going to be this confusing getting married," confesses Heather, a newly engaged bride. "I have a stack of books next to my computer and a ton of websites saved to my favorites and I still can't figure out what I'm supposed to ask potential photographers!"
Viddia.com company President, Michael Ripberger has a solution. "The community based wedding planning tools we're building at Viddia.com really open the lines of communication and promotes a free exchange of information about weddings." says Ripberger. "We're excited to introduce innovative new technology that helps couples plan their big day while also offering wedding professionals an easy way to demonstrate their expertise to local customers. It's amazing - the things that can happen when you give people the opportunity to help each other."
Viddia.com launches a web community that brings together couples with local wedding professionals in order to help them plan the perfect wedding.
Solving the problem of information overload and corporate marketing slants, Viddia steers clear of editorialized content and advice; their goal is to connect couples with wedding professionals in their local area to help couples manage the wedding planning process. All site content is created by legitimate wedding professionals; it includes planning basics, upcoming bridal shows, real wedding videos, new product announcements, and other wedding news.
Ripberger comments, "We leverage the wisdom of thousands of local vendors and cutting edge Web 2.0 technology to deliver the best wedding planning news and advice to couples."
Viddia offers free services to engaged couples that enables them to save time and money planning their wedding. These tools and services include:
- Ratings and reviews of thousands of wedding professionals by newlyweds: These actual ratings and reviews allow engaged couples to make informed decisions about whose services they want to use on their important day.
- Push button quotes from local vendors that save time and energy: These quotes eliminate the need to repeatedly provide contact information and wedding day details to prospective vendors.
- Community features: These features allow enthusiastic couples to create funny and irreverent personal profile pages and build friendships with other engaged couples that are sharing their experience.
- Video sharing designed specifically for wedding videos: Viddia has partnered with thousands of local videographers to stream wide screen wedding videos so newlyweds can share their special day with friends and family. The free service includes email sharing tools to help couples share their wedding videos with guests or friends and family that couldn't be there.
For vendors, Viddia offers free services to registered wedding professionals that help them to promote their business and connect with potential customers. Some of these free services include:
- Free full page vendor profiles: Profiles include photo galleries, video, and optional Google Maps with driving directions. Vendors have the option of using the profile as their personal website or using them to link back to their own homepage.
- An "Offers and Deals" program: This program enables wedding vendors to gain national publicity for promotions or other incentives such as discounts or free services that they are offering to couples.
- Local and national events: These tools allow vendors to create and promote events like bridal expos, sample sales or trunk shows and publicize them in local planning guides.
Viddia.com is a community that connects couples with local wedding professionals and provides services to help them plan the perfect wedding. Lead by a team of highly successful technologists and marketers, Viddia's management have a demonstrated track record of success that spans from small startups to Fortune 100 enterprises. Viddia is a privately held company based in Santa Monica, CA.