help pay for a wedding
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) January 12, 2012
CreditDonkey.com, a credit card comparison website, released their recommendations on the best credit cards for weddings 2012.
According to a survey by The Wedding Report, the average American wedding costs around $18,000.
"Preparing for your special wedding day can be an expensive process," says Charles Tran, founder of CreditDonkey.com. "You need a good financial plan to help you pay for the wedding and use every opportunity to save money. Otherwise, you could enter the marriage heavily in debt."
One way to help pay for your wedding is using credit intelligently. With the current economic downturn, retailers recognize the challenges couples face and have begun marketing credit cards to help pay for a wedding.
"While wedding-themed credit cards may be helpful, you may receive greater benefit from regular rewards cards," says Tran.
The right wedding credit card depends on the couples' needs. CreditDonkey.com compared generous rewards, low interest rates, low fees and helpful benefits to determine the best credit cards for weddings.
The experts at CreditDonkey.com recommend the following credit cards depending on your wedding plan.
The Exotic Honeymoon: Starwood Credit Card
- With the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express, you'll earn Starpoint Bonus: 10K with your first purchase and another 15K when you spend $5k within 6 months - enough for up to 6 free nights at a category 1 or 2 hotel.
- Annual Fee: $65 per year; waived for the first year
- Bottom Line: You can use this travel credit card to earn free flights or hotel stays for your honeymoon. Redeem Starpoints with over 350 airlines and more than 1,000 hotels or resorts worldwide.
The Monthly Payment: Citi Simplicity Credit Card
- With the Citi Simplicity Credit Card, you'll enjoy 0% intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the variable APR will be 12.99% - 21.99% based on your creditworthiness.
- Annual Fee: $0
- Bottom Line: You can use this low interest credit card to help delay interest for 21 months.
The Cost Saver: Chase Freedom Visa
- With the "Chase Freedom Visa - $200 Bonus Cash Back" credit card, you'll earn $200 bonus cash back after you make $500 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Annual Fee: $0
- Bottom Line: You can use this cash back credit card to earn rewards. You'll enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like grocery stores, restaurants and even airlines. It's free and easy to activate your bonus each quarter. Unlimited 1% Cash Back on all other purchases.
Consumers can visit CreditDonkey.com to compare the best credit card deals. CreditDonkey.com publishes credit card reviews, deals and tips to help consumers make informed credit decisions. They can search, compare and apply online, finding the best credit card for their needs.