Losing weight feels great. Imagine yourself with more energy, improved mood, increased confidence, and improved health
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) December 07, 2011
The holidays have arrived and the alluring aromas that come with the festivities are wafting through the air – making losing weight even more difficult. In time for the season, Greenlite Medicine, a weight management program with offices in San Francisco and Silicon Valley, reminds everyone that it’s not too late to take control during the holidays. In support of those who want to take control, Greenlite is offering $50 off their initial visit.
“Losing weight feels great. Imagine yourself with more energy, improved mood, increased confidence, and improved health. Our team of medical professionals will help you incorporate the essential elements of a balanced weight loss program into your lifestyle,” says Dr. Sooji Rugh, founder and medical director at Greenlite Medicine.
Greenlite Medicine offers five tips to stay healthy and keep weight in check during the festive and often indulgent holiday parties.
1. Avoid skipping meals, including breakfast. Many believe that if they skip breakfast or lunch, they can save up all of those calories for the holiday party that night. Skipping meals will only create extreme hunger and often times this will turn someone into a ravenous eating-machine, consuming many more calories than had been skipped earlier in the day.
2. Don’t hang around the Buffet. Research by Dr. Brian Wansink, best known for his work on consumer behavior and food, demonstrated that the closer a person is to food, the more they ate. They have also discovered that the heaviest people end up standing 16 feet closer to the food than the thinner ones. Stay out of the proximity of temptation. Choose food and a drink and move to a different part of the room.
3. Limit alcoholic beverages. Not only are they empty calories, they tend to loosen self-control and increase hunger. Keep a glass of water or sparkling water in hand while mingling. An occupied hand makes it easier to avoid the Hors d'oeuvres and appetizers. With a drink in hand, one can partake in the festivities without the alcohol.
4. Keep healthy snacks at work. When the holidays come around, it can be tempting to indulge in those holiday treats at work. Have nuts, fresh fruit or a protein bar on hand to turn to instead. This is not only a more nutritious choice, but it will also reduce hunger for the next meal.
5. Be kind to oneself. More than likely a slip-up or two will occur at this time of the year, but don’t get too upset about it. Remember that maintaining a healthy diet throughout the holidays takes practice. Each day is a new opportunity. If a slip-up does occur, plan to make the next meal or snack a healthy one.
For more information, contact Greenlite Medicine at (855) 214-2715 or visit them online at http://www.greenlitemedine.com. Greenlite Medicine is located at 3129 Fillmore Street San Francisco, CA 94123.
About Greenlite Medicine
Greenlite Medicine is a San Francisco weight loss clinic specializing in effective weight loss and weight management programs. More than just a weight loss diet, Greenlite Medicine provides a well-rounded system for their San Francisco clientele.