The diet industry has been lying to all of us for years, and frankly, I'm sick and tired of it
Miami, FL (PRWEB) February 5, 2008
Fitness and lifestyle experts, Gregg Gillies and Jennifer Nicole Lee launch new web site and reveal what you need to know to lose weight, get in shape and live a health and fitness lifestyle.
The Mississippi State House is proposing a law that would ban restaurants from serving people with a BMI higher than 30.
Banning fat people from restaurants is not the way to deal with obesity, says fitness author and coach Gregg Gillies
I would think our government would have better things to do with their time. What's needed isn't to ban fat people but to get people the correct information they need to get fit.
"There are a lot of myths and downright incorrect information to sort through when it comes to weight loss," Gillies says.
Gillies believes three major challenges face people who want to lose weight:
1) Knowing exactly where to find ideas, techniques and strategies that work while avoiding time-consuming trial and error methods.
2) Staying motivated so you can avoid the failure of quick fix solutions and successfully adopt a health and fitness program that lasts a lifetime.
Forget typical goal setting. Forget resolutions! "Don't resolve, evolve." says noted fitness expert and author Jennifer Nicole Lee. Jennifer should know, as she managed to lose over 70 pounds, change her life completely and appear on the Oprah Winfrey show to share her amazing story.
"Resolutions are too easy to break. We all make them without really putting any thought into what we need to do to keep them. When you forget resolutions and focus on evolving, you'll have a much better chance of being successful. You need to change on the inside in order to change on the outside," says Jennifer.
3) Avoiding weight loss lies by understanding how the diet industry works. "The diet industry has been lying to all of us for years, and frankly, I'm sick and tired of it," Gillies says.
Here is the truth behind six of the fat loss industries most common lies...
1. Many so-called "health foods" will actually cause you to GAIN fat... such as foods labeled 'low fat' that contain lots of calories and sugar.
2. Exercises like sit-ups and crunches are actually the least effective way to lose belly fat... you barely burn any calories doing these exercises.
3. So-called cardio exercise is not the best way to lose fat, and it doesn't even do much to strengthen your heart... you need to incorporate interval training into your fitness program.
4. Diet pills, fat burner pills and weight loss supplements are a complete waste of your hard earned money...
5. Ab machines will not (Repeat: WILL NOT) give you flat six pack abs...
6. The people on TV who claim to have gotten their six-pack abs from the machines they're selling are flat out lying to you. They got their gorgeous bodies through real workouts and real nutrition strategies. "Just ask Jennifer," Gillies states.
One of the best ways to evolve is to have a great support system in place. "All successful people have great partners or a great support system that helped them achieve success," says Jennifer. In order to help you evolve and finally reach your fitness and weight loss goals, Jennifer has teamed up with noted fitness expert and published author, Gregg Gillies, to create http://www.fitclubinsiders.com
"Fit Club Insiders is not a book or dvd that you read or watch and put aside. It's an ongoing program that provides you not only with all the fitness and diet information you need on an ongoing basis but it's also a motivational support system that allows you to get answers and positive reinforcement from Jennifer and myself over the phone every month," says Gregg.
You can find more detailed information on how to overcome these weight loss myths at http://www.fitclubinsiders.com
Jennifer Nicole Lee is a fitness expert, author and mompreneur who lost over 70 pounds, changed her life and appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show to share her amazing story. Gregg Gillies is a fitness expert and coach who's articles appear all over the web, as well as in magazines like Body Talk. They've gotten together to launch the ultimate health and fitness program available at http://www.fitclubinsiders.com
Note to Editor: Jennifer Nicole Lee and Gregg Gillies are available for candid and informative interviews on health and fitness via phone - 609-332-9528 or email - fcinsiders(at)yahoo.com.