West Hollywood, Calif. (Vocus) May 19, 2010
West Hollywood will proudly host the 40th Annual LA PRIDE Celebration from June 11-13, 2010. Style, energy and a spirit of celebration collide each year during LA PRIDE, highlighting West Hollywood’s progressive nature, its diverse atmosphere, and its glamorous setting at the foot of the Hollywood Hills in the center of greater Los Angeles.
Produced by Christopher Street West, LA PRIDE is a weekend-long celebration that provides the perfect opportunity to plan the ultimate West Hollywood retreat. During the two-day festival on Saturday and Sunday, headliners will include Kelis, En Vogue, the Motels, and Kelly Rowland. The country’s hottest DJs spin the day and night away in numerous dance pavilions while local vendors and non-profits provide a diverse mix of fun, food, drink and education. And, of course, the can’t-miss event of the weekend is the Pride Parade on Sunday.
At just 1.9 square miles in size, West Hollywood is centrally located and completely walkable. WeHo is the style and design epicenter of LA, providing its guests an array of chic restaurants, gay-owned businesses, designer shops and vibrant nightlife. West Hollywood’s hip and exceptionally LGBT-friendly hotels are offering great packages designed to entice Pride-goers to stay and play throughout the entire weekend.
- Petit Ermitage is a luxurious bohemian-chic hotel with a gorgeous rooftop swimming pool and lush gardens. The hotel is offering two packages during LA PRIDE. “The Diva,” at $570, includes one night in a junior suite, a chocolate-dipped banana upon arrival, a complimentary “Happy Ending” signature dessert in the Private Rooftop Club, a couples massage in the suite or in a rooftop cabana, and a complimentary love kit. “The Twink,” at $370, is similar to the above package, minus the couples massage. (Petit Hermitage, 8822 Cynthia Street, West Hollywood. 310-854-1114. http://www.petitermitage.com.)
- The London West Hollywood, named the top large-city hotel in North America by Travel + Leisure Magazine, will offer rates during Pride weekend starting at $269 per night, including continental breakfast and one complimentary cocktail at the rooftop poolside bar. Ask for the Rainbow Rate. (The London West Hollywood, 1020 N. San Vicente Bl., West Hollywood. 310-854-1111. http://www.thelondonwesthollywood.com)
- The Chamberlain, a chic urban boutique hotel, will offer a truly unique experience with its Pride & Joy Package, which includes a three-night stay in a two-bedroom suite, a private welcome reception with champagne and hors d’ouevres, daytime Grand Cabana rental poolside Saturday and Sunday stocked with champagne and fresh fruit, and Sunday brunch with bottomless bloody marys and mimosas. This package is $5000, including tax and gratuity. Call the sales department at 310-691-7937 for full details and/or to book this package. All registered hotel guests can enjoy the hotel’s poolside “Primp & Pamper for Pride” program throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday, including yoga, reflexology, neck and shoulder massage, mini manicures, plus many other refreshing poolside amenities. (Chamberlain, 1000 Westmount Drive, West Hollywood. 310-657-7400. http://www.chamberlainwesthollywood.com)
- Sunset Marquis Hotel & Villas is a stunning resort-like property located on five lushly-landscaped acres just below the Sunset Strip. The hotel’s PRIDE Stay Package includes luxurious accommodations, including complimentary American Breakfast on Saturday and Chef Guillaume Burlion’s signature Sunday Brunch. Also includes complimentary parking for one car, two welcome drinks, access to Equinox Fitness Center and All Access Sunset Strip passes. Two-night minimum stay and subject to availability. Suites start at $330 per night and villas start at $490 per night. (Sunset Marquis Hotel & Villas, 1200 N. Alta Loma Road, West Hollywood. 310-657-1333. http://www.sunsetmarquis.com)
- Mondrian is one of West Hollywood’s most iconic properties, featuring fantastical design elements and the ever-popular Skybar lounge. Mondrian’s Pride Package starts at $375 per night and includes a $100 hotel credit and complimentary parking. (Mondrian, 8440 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, 323-650-8999. http://www.mondrianhotels.com)
- Palihouse Holloway features stylish and spacious “living rooms” with kitchenettes. During Pride weekend, Palihouse will offer rates starting at $249 per night with upgrade based on availability at the time of booking for a classic guest suite. Must contact 323-327-9702 to book. (Palihouse Holloway, 8465 Holloway Drive, West Hollywood. 310-652-3188, http://www.palihouse.com)
- Le Parc Suite Hotel, a charming residential style hotel just a few blocks from the heart of the Pride Festival, will offer guests a complimentary glass of wine and a 15% discount on lunch or dinner served in the award-winning restaurant, Knoll at Le Parc, or delivered by suite service. (Le Parc Suite Hotel, 733 N. West Knoll Dr., West Hollywood, 310-855-8888. http://www.leparcsuites.com)
- Le Montrose, another residential-style hotel with a sophisticated edge, offers Resident Rates for California, Nevada and Arizona residents at $229 per night plus tax for an Executive Suite with king bed, sunken living area, pullout sleeper sofa, fireplace, kitchenette and entertainment system. (Le Montrose, 900 Hammond, West Hollywood, 310-855-1115. http://www.lemontrose.com)
LA PRIDE CELEBRATION
The LA PRIDE 2010 celebration runs June 11-13, 2010 in West Hollywood and consists of three main activities: the Pride Festival, the Pride Parade and the Dyke March. For full details on all of the great events, entertainers, exhibitors and gatherings, please visit http://www.lapride.org.
The Festival opens on Saturday, June 12, from 12 noon until 11 p.m. and reopens at 11 a.m. on Sunday, June 13, remaining open until 10 p.m. The Festival takes place on San Vicente Blvd. between Santa Monica Blvd. and Melrose Ave. Festival admission, which includes access to all entertainment venues, is $20 per day. Advance tickets will go on sale at lapride.org on Monday, May 24th for a discounted advance price of $15.00 per day. And, for the first time, there will be a weekend pass option. The Special Anniversary Weekend Pass will be $29.00 for both days (online only, normally $40)!
The 40th annual LA PRIDE Parade is expected to gather more than 400,000 people again this year, beginning at 11 a.m. on Sunday, June 13, starting at 11 a.m. The parade runs west along Santa Monica Blvd. from Crescent Heights Blvd. to Robertson Blvd.
The Dyke March gathers at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, June 11, at the corner of San Vicente and Santa Monica Blvds. A rally leads into the Dyke March, planned for approximately 8 p.m., which is followed by the Lesbian Visibility After Party being held on the Festival grounds.
ABOUT THE WEST HOLLYWOOD MARKETING & VISITORS BUREAU
Located at the foot of the Hollywood Hills in the heart of Los Angeles and just 1.9 square miles in size, the city of West Hollywood rivals the world’s most exciting travel destinations. Visitors can spend their days shopping in the colorful design district, lounging at a rooftop hotel pool, or visiting one of the area’s cultural attractions. And when the sun goes down, West Hollywood really heats up with world-class dining experiences and the legendary nightspots of The Sunset Strip and Santa Monica Blvd. The city’s small size and central location make it a friendly, walkable haven for travelers.
The West Hollywood Marketing & Visitors Bureau is a 501(c) non-profit organization dedicated to marketing the City of West Hollywood as a “living forward” visitor destination to business and leisure travelers by promoting awareness of the city’s unique location, image, businesses and industries and by providing support for the city’s economic development efforts. For more information on West Hollywood’s cutting edge businesses or to plan the ultimate getaway, please visit http://www.visitwesthollywood.com. For the latest offers and tips on living like a West Hollywood insider, visit http://www.WHinsiders.com.
# # #