With these latest improvements, the eight million people who use Wetpaint on a monthly basis can do even more to make their Wetpaint sites the ultimate online destination for their interests.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) February 18, 2009
Wetpaint, the leader in social publishing with more than one million social websites and more than eight million monthly visitors, today debuted an array of new features that make it even easier for anyone to create and grow the ultimate fan site. From the hottest TV shows (Dollhouse, CSI, True Blood, The Tudors, Battlestar Galactica) to diehard sports affinities (New York Giants, Houston Rockets) and other obsessions (Miley Cyrus, Warrior Cats, Little Big Planet, Twilight), Wetpaint enables superfans to collect and share content and discuss and dissect their interests and passions.
"Watching YouTube videos and socializing with others in the discussion forums have been two of the most popular and engaging aspects of Wetpaint, so we committed to enhancing the features around those two modes of interaction," said Ben Elowitz, CEO of Wetpaint. "With these latest improvements, the eight million people who use Wetpaint on a monthly basis can do even more to make their Wetpaint sites the ultimate online destination for their interests."
The newest suite of Wetpaint features unveiled today includes:
- Video Galleries: Wetpaint users have always been able to easily embed YouTube videos in their sites, but now they can collect and organize them in a centrally located Video Gallery. To make sure the best videos are bubbled up for the entire community, videos can be "featured" and related videos easily discovered.
- Enhanced Discussion Forums: The latest round of enhancements to the Wetpaint Discussion Forum feature encourage chatterboxes to feature, lock, and edit any of their own posts to keep the conversation on track.
- Premium Upgrades: Private groups or small businesses and non-profits looking for an easy way to create a social presence online can now upgrade their Wetpaint site for $19.95 per month to get an ad-free experience. More premium services and features will be added soon.
- Layout Controls: With Wetpaint, page layout possibilities are endless when you're a whiz with WYSIWYG tables, but if you just want a quick way to create a two-column layout, click the new layout zone button on the toolbar.
- New Content Modules: Make your Wetpaint site come to life by surfacing the latest activity across the site with two new content modules, one that features the best discussions and the other showcasing the most active contributors from your Wetpaint community.
- New Wetpaint Droplets: Take your Wetpaint site wherever you go online, including Facebook and MySpace. These embeddable widgets make it easy to share the latest site contributions and your additions to any Wetpaint site with others wherever your online travels take you.
All of these new features are immediately available on Wetpaint.com, where anyone can easily start a free public or private social website.
Wetpaint is the leader in social publishing. With the world's largest network of over one million social sites and partnerships with major brands such as Dell, Discovery Channel, Fox, HP, HTC, Showtime, and T-Mobile, Wetpaint offers the industry's most proven social publishing platform for mainstream Internet users and businesses alike. Wetpaint is backed by Accel Partners, DAG Ventures, Frazier Technology Ventures, and Trinity Ventures. For company information, visit http://www.wetpaint.com.
Sparkpr for Wetpaint
mara (at) sparkpr (dot) com