Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) February 10, 2009
The 2009 Wharton Health Care Business Conference, an MBA-student organized event, will be held February 19-20 at the Park Hyatt Hotel at The Bellevue in Philadelphia, PA. Distinguished speakers and panelists from across the health care industry include:
- Wayne Gattinella - President, CEO, Director, WebMD
- John Hammergren - Chairman, President, CEO, McKesson
- Michael McCallister - President, CEO, Humana
- Israel Makov - Chairman, Given Imaging, Former CEO, Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Kent Thiry - Chairman, CEO, DaVita
- Ronald Paulus - Executive Vice President, CTO, CIO, Geisinger Health System
Discussion Panel Sessions offered include:
- The Blurring Line Between Pharma and Biotech - Featuring panelists from Wyeth, Pfizer, Amgen, Bank of America Merrill Lynch Securities, Orbimed, and Booz & Co.
- Overcoming Hurdles: Financing Growth In A Capital Constrained World - Featuring panelists from JP Morgan, Aisling Capital, Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation, Cain Brothers & Co., and Deloitte Consulting
- Policy: Will Reform Become Reality? - Featuring panelists from Independence Blue Cross, Putnam Associates, American Medical Association, New America Foundation, and McKinsey
- The Global Market's Impact On Medical Devices - Featuring panelists from Synthes, Abbott Vascular, Johnson & Johnson Medical Brazil, Angel Medical Systems, and Boston Consulting Group
- New Paradigms for Venture Financing: The Future Of Early Stage Investment - Featuring panelists from NEA, Novartis Options Fund, Polaris Ventures, Forward Ventures, CHL Medical Partners, and Pulmatrix
The Focus On Innovation Session will bring together promising start-ups and venture capitalists in a dynamic forum. This year's advisory board include investors from Johnson & Johnson Development Corporation, SR One, Quaker Bioventures, Safeguard, New Leaf Venture Partners, Domain Associates, 5Am Ventures, and Cardinal Partners.
About Wharton Health Care Business Conference:
Now in its 14th year, the conference has grown to become a leading health care forum for industry professionals, policy makers academics, and students. The annual two-day event typically draws over 600 attendees from across the nation. Attendees represent a broad range of functions including Business Development, Marketing, Corporate Strategy, Finance, and Clinical. To register and learn more about the conference, visit http://www.whcbc.org .
info (at) whcbc (dot) org