a life time Tibet travel is a not a dream
Springfield, Missouri (PRWEB) February 05, 2013
With the season right around the corner, it’s time to start planning a Tibet tour.Devin Moore is here with some new meaning of why one should take a visit to Tibet. Tibet is a rapidly changing place; a slow paced way of life is gradually giving way to expanding urban areas. While these changes bring with them a higher standard of living for most Tibetans, inevitably a unique way of life slips into the past. Now is the time to go to see Tibet, travelers who venture outside of Tibet’s cities can get to know a life that depends on agriculture and animal husbandry and revolves around the seasons. These facts and meanings for why travel to Tibet will help travelers begin planning their trip.
1. The Dalai Lama encourages travel to Tibet. At the present time, Tibetans face hardship due to their lack of autonomy. The Dalai Lama has publicly expressed his support of Tibet travel on numerous occasions, his reasoning is that people should go to Tibet and tell the world what they see.
2. Take away valuable cultural understanding. Any visitor to Tibet has the opportunity to spend time exploring Tibetan Buddhist Monasteries and other important cultural sites such as Potala Palace. A native Tibetan travel guide will be able to explain the history behind and significance of the religious practices and cultural values of the Tibetan people. Don’t forget to ask lots of questions.
3. Learn about Earth’s natural heritage. In Tibet there are majestic towering mountains at every turn, while they are certainly beautiful to look at, how they affect the climate of vast regions is the truly amazing part. The Himalayas play a crucial role in bringing monsoon rains to South Asia. Also glacial runoff from the Himalayas, and other mountainous regions in Tibet, are the source of some of Asia’s most important rivers.
4. Try new foods. Flour milled from roasted Tibetan barley is a staple in Tibetan cuisine. While few crops grow well in the high altitude climate, many travelers are surprised by the diversity of Tibetan cuisine. Try some local favorites such as Tibetan noodle or momo, a dumpling like dish, stuffed with meat or vegetables and try Tibet Yak Butter Tea or sweet tea.
5. Stay in shape. Even with all the fantastic Tibetan food, a Tibet trip is unlikely to be one where travelers will pack on a few extra pounds. There are ample opportunities for outdoor activities such as trekking and mountain biking. Even climbing the stairs up to Potala Palace can be a work out.
The list above is just with some new facts and meanings for travel to Tibet and different people should have their own personal or unique goal for the Tibet vacation. With all the changes taking place daily it’s better that travelers visit earlier than later. A wide variety of Tibet travel agencies that are just a few clicks away make planning a trip easier than ever.
Devin Moore released this new article; Devin is a Tibet travel enthusiast who is training to become an econometrician. Get to know Devin Moore.