Schaumburg, Ill. (PRWEB) August 08, 2013
When you open your windows and doors to enjoy the summer breeze, or decide to spend your vacation cleaning skylights instead of lounging at the beach, be sure to look for the American Architectural Manufacturer Association’s (AAMA) Certification Label. Until Sept. 30, AAMA is in search of the oldest Certification Label on an in-service window, door or skylight. Enter by the deadline for a chance to win one of three cash prizes: $300 for first place, $150 for second place and $50 for third place.
The AAMA Certification Label provides confidence that the products you choose, when installed properly, match the quality of the sample product tested. These labels often are found on the frame or sill. Once you find the AAMA Certification Label on your product, entering the contest is easy. Submit three photos (label, product [window, door or skylight], building) and the contest entry form to AAMALabelContest(at)aamanet(dot)org.
About the AAMA Certification Program
The AAMA Certification Program is a method of testing window, door and skylight performance that requires the following:
- A sample of the fenestration product passed required performance tests for resistance to air leakage, water penetration and wind pressure.
- Performance tests were conducted at an independent AAMA-accredited lab.
- Individual components used in the fenestration product have passed their own separate performance tests in order to be eligible for use in an AAMA-certified window, door or skylight.
- The manufacturer has certified that production line units are built to the same specifications as the sample unit that was tested.
- Manufacturing plant production lines, component inventory and quality control records are checked annually through two unannounced inspections by an independent third party.
More information on the AAMA Label Search Contest is available at http://www.aamanet.org/contest. Manufacturers may find additional information at http://www.aamanet.org/LabelContest.To learn more about AAMA and its activities visit AAMA Media Relations page or the AAMA website, http://www.aamanet.org.
AAMA is the source of performance standards, product certification, and educational programs for the fenestration industry.(SM)