We're thrilled to be jumping on a plane and coming over to the UK to meet all the customers who've supported us over the past 12 months. Without their investment, our wines simply wouldn't exist...
(PRWEB UK) 5 June 2011
Over 20 independent winemakers, funded by online wine retailer Naked Wines, are flying over to the UK at the end of June to thank and meet their customers.
As part of a UK-wide Tasting Tour, covering eight different cities in a week, the winemakers will showcase over 100 wines which were made possible through Naked Angel funding.
Bill Small, a winemaker heading over from Marlborough New Zealand, said:
“We're thrilled to be jumping on a plane and coming to the UK to meet all the customers who’ve supported us over the past 12 months. Without their investment, our wines simply wouldn’t exist, and we certainly wouldn’t have gone it alone and cracked the UK market. It’s going to be a long, wine-fuelled week but well worth the 116,000 miles across the globe!
Rowan Gormley, Naked Wines’ Founder and CEO added:
“We get loads of requests from customers for us to come to them, so we thought it was time to hit the road and introduce them to their winemakers. They chat to one another on the site every day, so it’s great to put faces to names and avatars, and nothing beats sharing a glass in person.”
The Tasting Tour, which runs from 25th June to 2nd July, includes a series of pop-up lunch-time tastings in customers’ homes and places of work, followed by large consumer events each evening.
Tickets are £10 per person and available at http://www.nakedwines.com/tastingtour - and customers will get their money back if they place an order on the night.
The full tour itinerary:
1) Norwich 25th June: The Kings Centre, King Street, Norwich NR1 1PH.
2) Brighton 26th June: The Hilton Metropole Hotel, Kings Road East, Brighton, BN1 2FU.
3) London 27th June: One Alfred Place, 1 Alfred Place, London, WC1E 7EB.
4) Bristol 28th June: Brunel’s Old Station, Clock Tower Yard, Bristol, BS1 6QH.
5) Birmingham 29th June: Maple House, 150 Corporation Street, Birmingham, B4 6TB.
6) Manchester 30th June: The Studio, 51 Lever Street, Manchester, M1 1FN
7) Leeds 1st July: Royal Armouries Museum, War Gallery, Armouries Drive, Leeds, LS10 1LT
8) Edinburgh 2nd July: Our Dynamic Earth, Holyrood Road, Edinburgh EH8 8AS