At Wirefly, we pride ourselves on being among the first retailers to offer the newest cell phones as soon as they hit the U.S market – HTC EVO 4G being no exception.
Reston, VA (Vocus) June 1, 2010
Wirefly (http://www.wirefly.com ), the Internet’s leading retailer of cell phones and cell phone plans, today announced that it will carry the highly anticipated HTC EVO™ 4G when it officially launches on the Sprint network beginning June 4. HTC EVO 4G is the latest Android smartphone from Sprint and has the distinction of being America’s first 4G phone, touting data speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G networks, making it the fastest mobile phone on the market today.
In addition to operating on both Sprint’s blazing-fast 4G network and its 3G Mobile Broadband Network (depending on user location), the Android-powered HTC EVO 4G comes equipped with a high-speed Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 1GHz processor and the newest version of the intuitive HTC Sense experience, which allows users to aggregate multiple social media channels into one organized stream of updates. HTC EVO 4G’s built-in mobile hotspot capability allows up to eight Wi-Fi equipped devices to simultaneously connect to either Sprint’s 3G or 4G network.
The sleek and sexy device has an impressive 4.3-inch touchscreen, which makes it ideal for watching movies and videos. The handy built-in kickstand props the screen upright for easy viewing on-the-go. And with its micro-HDMI port, users can also easily plug directly into an HDTV when they want to watch their movies on the big screen at home. HTC EVO 4G also boasts two cameras – an 8.0 megapixel camera with HD-capable video capture and a front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera for high-quality video chat.
Customers looking to purchase this hot new device and all of the useful accessories that go along with it can shop from the convenience of their home or office by simply visiting Wirefly.com. With just a few mouse clicks, they can quickly and easily order and activate this featured-packed Android smartphone. As always, every Wirefly order comes with fast, free FedEx shipping. And as part of the Company’s brand promise of greater savings and straightforward pricing with no gimmicks or rebates, customers can shop knowing that they will get their new HTC EVO 4G at a great price.
“At Wirefly, we pride ourselves on being among the first retailers to offer the newest cell phones as soon as they hit the U.S market – HTC EVO 4G being no exception,” said Andy Zeinfeld, chief executive officer of Simplexity, parent company of Wirefly.com. “We are excited to offer this highly-touted device from Sprint to our millions of valued customers on the official June 4 launch.”
Zeinfeld added, “Our sale kicks off at 12:01 am on June 4 – many hours before retail stores open their doors -- so those who want to secure their own revolutionary HTC EVO 4G don’t have to wait until sunrise to order it.”
HTC EVO 4G features include:
- Simultaneous voice and data capability in 4G and Wi-Fi coverage areas, enabling Web surfing and more while the conversation continues
- Superfast 1GHz Qualcomm(R) Snapdragon(TM) processor, ensuring a smooth and quick movement within phone menus
- Two cameras – an 8.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with HD-capable video camcorder and a forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality capability, allowing up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the Sprint 3G or 4G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player or any other Wi-Fi enabled device
- Integrated HD video capture with the ability to capture live video. Videos can be easily shared via the Qik Web site, Facebook, YouTube or Twitter™
- Ability to easily watch video with the device on an HDTV via an HDMI cable (sold separately)
- Custom Web browser optimized for the 4.3 inch display and Sprint 4G speeds to deliver a full, no-compromise Internet experience
- A handy kickstand built into the back, making it easy to watch videos on-the-go
- Adobe Flash technology ensures that rich Internet content, such as embedded video and animation, are displayed the way they are meant to be seen
- Pinch-to-zoom and automatic text reflowing provide easy Web page views
Wirefly.com encourages consumers to visit Wirefly Learn (http://www.wirefly.com/learn ), where they can watch video demos of HTC EVO 4G as well as read unbiased reviews, and see side-by-side comparisons to similar devices.
Zeinfeld said. “Cell phone shopping has never been more complicated. Wirefly Learn was born out of our desire to lessen the confusion and give consumers the tools needed to be able to do the research and make informed purchase decisions. To that end, Wirefly Learn is an invaluable consumer resource that contains a wealth of information to educate consumers about cell phones.”
Wirefly has become America’s trusted source for cell phones and wireless service plans because of its commitment to creating a better way to shop for cell phones by making it fast, easy and affordable. Through its brand promise, customers are guaranteed:
- Better Selection: A greater selection of the latest cell phones from every major U.S carrier than found at retail stores;
- Greater Savings: Up to hundreds lower than retail store prices;
- Straight Forward Pricing: Lower, straightforward prices with instant savings on every device;
- Fast, Free FedEx Shipping: Every cell phone purchased at Wirefly.com comes with fast, free FedEx shipping;
- The Wirefly Satisfaction Guarantee: Every purchase is backed by The Wirefly Satisfaction Guarantee.
To read more about Wirefly or its education resource, Wirefly Learn, visit http://www.wirefly.com.
Wirefly.com is America’s trusted source for cell phones and wireless service plans. Owned and operated by Simplexity, Wirefly.com is the Internet’s #1 authorized dealer for every major cellular carrier in the U.S – Verizon Wireless, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. Wirefly.com also offers discounts and services not available in retail wireless stores including a better selection of the latest cell phones, greater savings, straight forward pricing with no rebates, and fast, free Fedex shipping –on devices from HTC, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, LG, BlackBerry and many other cell phone handset manufacturers. Wirefly.com has been named “Best of the Web” by Forbes magazine and “Best in Overall Customer Experience” by Keynote Performance Systems. For more information on Wirefly.com, its wireless products and its services, visit http://www.wirefly.com.
# # #