The alarm industry has grown immensely since 2000 due to new technological advances but also because customers have grown to expect more from security companies.
McLean, Va. (Vocus) December 23, 2009
FrontPoint Security, the leader in next-generation, wireless security alarm systems, today named the Top 10 Alarm Innovations of the last decade.
“The alarm industry has grown immensely since 2000 due to new technological advances but also because customers have grown to expect more from security companies,” said Chris Villar, Chief Executive Officer of FrontPoint Security. “This list represents the values that FrontPoint was built upon – great value, customer service and security – and we hope to continue to be a leader in this market for decades to come.”
FrontPoint’s Top 10 Alarm Innovations of the Decade includes:
10. User-Friendly Experience – Users can now arm and disarm from anywhere using different individual codes.
9. Affordability – Next-generation systems save customers hundreds of dollars in equipment and also provide savings for monthly monitoring.
8. Online Shopping – Fully e-commerce websites make it easy for customers to buy an entire alarm system online.
7. Wireless Sensors – New technology makes it easier to place sensors all around your house, not just the windows and doors.
6. DIY Installation – Customers can now install their entire system themselves in under 30 minutes, which means no waiting for professional technicians.
5. Beyond Intrusion Protection – From heat and water sensors to freeze and smoke detectors, customers can now use their security system to monitor for other dangers around the home, not just break-ins.
4. Online Reviews – Customers are doing their own research to see which company is a good fit for their individual needs.
3. Wireless Video – Now users can get a real-time look into their home while away, even from a laptop or cell phone.
2. Interactive & Mobile Features – Mobile applications for iPhone and Blackberry as well as text and e-mail alerts let customers control their system remotely, no matter where they are.
1. Cellular Alarm Monitoring – Keep your house and family safe with the most reliable form of home security available.
“Cellular monitoring is the biggest innovation of the decade because it completely changed the way that consumers protect their homes,” said Peter Rogers, the company’s Chief Operating Officer and a 20-year alarm industry veteran. “Systems that depend on a home phone line, which describes most systems in use today, are incredibly vulnerable and can be disabled with a cheap pair of wire cutters. Not only is cellular monitoring safer, but it also allows users to customize and have more interaction with their system.”
To watch FrontPoint’s video podcasts on the Top 10 Alarm Innovations of the last decade, and learn more about cellular alarm monitoring, please visit http://www.frontpoint.com.
About FrontPoint Security
FrontPoint Security is the leading nationwide provider of wireless, interactive alarm systems. FrontPoint combines next generation alarm technology, unrivaled simplicity, and an amazing commitment to service to create a truly unique customer experience. With customers in all fifty states, Canada and Puerto Rico, FrontPoint Security is one of the fastest growing alarm companies in North America. Founded in 2007, FrontPoint's management team brings more than 30 years of combined experience in the security industry. FrontPoint is a GE Security Authorized Dealer and Alarm.com’s Preferred Dealer for no-hassle security solutions. For more information, please visit http://www.FrontPointSecurity.com or call (866) ALARM 30 (1-866-252-7630).