“We are grateful to have such strong support from companies like iCompass, and we can’t wait to roll-out our virtual library to our members,” said Faith Elford, WMCA Coordinator.
Fort Atkinson, WI (PRWEB) June 28, 2012
The Wisconsin Municipal Clerks Association (WMCA) and iCompass Technologies Inc. (iCompass) announced today that they have entered into a strategic partnership that will provide a valuable on-line resource to Wisconsin Clerks.
iCompass provides FilePro, a virtual library used by organizations to securely organize, store, search, print and publish mission-critical documents such as agendas, minutes, reports, correspondence, manuals and contracts. With a click of a mouse, FilePro makes this information quickly and easily available and searchable for those who need it, when they need it.
“We are pleased to be working with iCompass as we provide our Clerks with a robust tool to access all kinds of on-line resources via our website,” said Faith Elford, WMCA Coordinator. “We are grateful to have such strong support from companies like iCompass, and we can’t wait to roll-out our virtual library to our members. This will replace our current Log-in section that was built through a free service called Officezilla, which is no longer in business,” added Elford.
iCompass and the WMCA will be working closely together over the coming weeks to implement FilePro, which will be seamlessly linked to the existing WMCA website. It is the intention of both organizations to have FilePro fully implemented and in-use by Wisconsin Clerks well before the WMCA’s August 2012 convention.
“We are excited to be working with the WMCA, an organization with such deep and long-standing roots of service within Wisconsin’s municipal sector,” said Todd Stone, President & CEO of iCompass. “It is always a pleasure to associate with organizations that are so committed to providing their stakeholders with open and accessible access to on-line services,” added Stone.
Highlights of FilePro include:
- Information is organized within a referencing system and documents can be inter-linked
- Powerful and user friendly search capabilities
- Documents can be added quickly on an individual document basis or in batches
- Confidential information can be managed with logon security for any group
- When used as part of the Meeting Management Solution, final agendas, minutes, and related documents can be quickly made available for public and/or staff access on a designated website via a link to the FilePro module
- Documents can be bookmarked for quick retrieval
- Information can be easily shared between offices in different geographic locations and can be accessed anywhere the Internet is available
- Flexible access levels and security options, with complete administrative control
About the WMCA
The Wisconsin Municipal Clerks Association was formed in 1980 and is 1,400 members strong and still growing. The mission of the WMCA is to be the premier source for the personal empowerment of municipal clerks in Wisconsin through education, professional development, and the promotion of excellence.
This mission shall be achieved in a multitude of ways, but the following are viewed by this organization to be paramount:
- Promotes training and certification of Clerks
- Promotes new methods and procedures to improve the accuracy and timeliness of duties
- Serves as a clearinghouse for information affecting the Clerk
- Advises the membership regarding legislation affecting the administration of local government and elections
- Develops strong bonds of cooperation with other organizations, individual governments and state agencies
- Brings about the acknowledgement of the importance of the position of Municipal Clerk
During the past 14 years, iCompass has built a market of over 400 local government and other public sector customers across North America. iCompass provides CivicWeb/AcademicWeb, the leading Solutions for cloud-based Meeting, Records and Content Management for City Clerks and Board Secretaries who are swamped with never-ending tasks related to managing their meeting process, records administration, tracking responsibilities and website content.