Bedford, PA (Vocus) October 31, 2008
Women's Wellness Weekend at Bedford Springs Resort features a lineup of experienced advisors and health professionals who will offer practical tools for living a balanced life with integrity and purpose. A program of diverse breakout sessions and workshops includes topics related to women's health, including osteoporosis, weight training, joint and bone health, menopause and stress.
The Women's Wellness Weekend package rates start at $695 single occupancy per room for two nights and $570 per person double occupancy (shared room) for two nights or $1,140 for two people. The package includes a two-night stay at Bedford Springs Resort, admittance to all presentations, specified meals, workshops and activities, as well as a $75 credit in the Springs Eternal Spa and an in-room spa amenity. Separate spa services are available at the Springs Eternal Spa by individual appointment. (All rates are subject to tax, resort fees and based on availability.)
For more information on Women's Wellness Weekend, call (866) 623-8719 or visit http://www.bedfordspringsresort.com.
The de-stressing begins upon arrival on Friday, Jan. 23, with options for mini-spa treatments (10 minutes apiece) and a welcome reception featuring organic wines and an olive oil tasting.
Saturday's sessions and workshops include:
- Inspired to Live Well - Nutrition and Wellness | by Dr. Kristen Bentson and Dr. Scott Bentson, Lehigh Valley Chiropractic
- The Journey to Wellness for Bone and Joint Health - Patient-Focused Care and Contemporary Approaches to Arthritis | by Dr. Anthony M. DiGioia III, orthopedic surgeon, Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
- Body Beautiful! Better Bones and Health Through Nutrition and Exercise | by Dr. Susan Greenspan, professor of medicine, associate program director, general clinical research center, director, osteoporosis prevention and treatment center department of medicine, University of Pittsburgh; with Marilyn Menick, owner and founder of Fitness Express of Potomac, Maryland, a fitness studio focusing on exercise and healthy lifestyles for women.
- Alternatives to Plastic Surgery - The Weekend Facelift | by Dr. Kenneth C. Shestak, do-director of the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center at UPMC and chief of plastic surgery at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC
- The Art of Understanding and Managing Stress, Beating the Blues and Calming Anxiety | by Dr. Bruce Rabin, M.D., Ph.D., UPMC
- Managing Menopause - Alternatives and Solutions | by Judy Balk, a nationally recognized expert in alternative medicine for menopausal symptoms, will discuss the benefits of acupuncture, nutraceuticals and phyto estrogens for the alleviation of menopausal symptoms.
Following Saturday's educational programs, an hour of hands-on learning will be offered, encompassing self-massage, pilates or how to read labels while shopping. Additionally, select doctors will be available for individual (10-minute) appointments to discuss matters of a personal nature.
The weekend package includes yoga and pilates classes, use of the fitness center and an interactive Chef's Table with Executive Chef Konrad Meier.
Seminars, schedule and speakers are subject to change without notice.
Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC is a full-service women's hospital, which has now expanded to include a range of services for women and men: diagnostic imaging, including CT and MRI, a Heart Center, bariatric surgery, orthopedics, digestive disorders, pulmonology, thoracic surgery, minimally invasive abdominal surgery and vascular surgery.
Bedford Springs Resort re-opened in July 2007 following a $120-million restoration and expansion. Long heralded for its healing waters and restorative environs, Bedford Springs origins date back to 1796 when its seven original mineral springs lured guests for a healing cure. A classic "springs resort" with many of the original buildings and architectural elements still in place, the restored and expanded Bedford Springs Resort features the 30,000 square foot Springs Eternal Spa, five restaurants, meeting and banquet space, retail shops and a variety of recreational activities.
Benchmark Hospitality International is a leader in the management and marketing of resorts, conference centers, hotels, and Personal Luxury Hotels™. The privately held company, launched in 1980, is a founding member of the International Association of Conference Centers. Benchmark is a worldwide organization operating over 30 properties representing major metropolitan and resort destinations. Benchmark's international headquarters is located in The Woodlands, Texas, near Houston, with regional offices in New Jersey and Connecticut. International offices are located in Tokyo and Santiago, Chile. For locations of properties and additional information, visit http://www.benchmarkhospitality.com .
The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, the ultimate luxury collection featuring more than 165 exceptional hotels and resorts in the most desirable locations around the world.
Hunter Public Relations - East