E-Billing Gets California Work Comp Providers Paid within 15 Days
DaisyBill gets workers’ compensation medical bills paid in days instead of months. California’s e-billing regulations went into effect on October 18th, 2012 and providers using DaisyBill’s e-billing solution are already getting their bills paid in less than 15 business days.
Santa Barbara, CA (PRWEB) October 31, 2012
Electronic billing works. DaisyBill, an e-billing solution, is getting providers paid in as little as five working days. One of DaisyBill’s clients, Dr. Mark M, expressed shock when workers’ compensation payments were deposited only a week after treating an injured worker.
DaisyBill is the first, and only, e-billing solution designed to manage the complexities of workers’ compensation medical billing. DaisyBill makes every biller a workers’ comp expert and eliminates the need for specialized billing staff. DaisyBill is designed for medical providers so that they can easily submit correct workers’ compensation bills for prompt payments.
DaisyBill is designed for medical providers so that they can easily submit correct workers’ compensation bills for prompt payments. DaisyBill gets workers’ comp bills paid by:
- Scrubbing every bill with DaisyBill’s proprietary state-customized rules engine. Bills are submitted correctly the first time; no more denials due to errors.
- Electronically submitting bills and state-mandated reports. Payment arrives in days instead of months.
- Tracking the status of every bill. Staff no longer need to call carriers for updates.
- Automatically posting payments and analyzing each payment for accuracy. DaisyBill is programmed with every fee schedule for all dates of service.
- Providing Second Review and Independent Bill Review functionality for incorrect payments.
- Automatically calculating penalties and interest for delayed payments.
While DaisyBill solves the problem getting providers paid for treating injured workers, employers (payers) also derive tremendous benefits from providers' adopting DaisyBill's e-billing solution:
- Payers will have quicker access to important treatment information and statistics
- Transparency of dollars spent on care provided to injured workers
- Significant reduction in the administrative costs currently associated with processing paper billing
- Reportable data for state-mandated purposes
- An easier payment system will increase the roster of providers willing to treat injured workers
DaisyBill was founded by Catherine Montgomery and Sarah Moray who have a combined 18 years experience in workers’ compensation medical billing. They also run the website claritymbr.com, a free resource for those who wrestle with workers’ compensation billing.