If an employee suffers any work-related injury that keeps them from working or limits their ability to work, they are able to obtain benefits, including medical care, temporary disability, permanent disability and future medical care.
Los Angeles, California (PRWEB) April 08, 2013
The Los Angeles workers’ compensation lawyers at Jacobson & Han LLP want to remind all employees and employers that workplace injuries can happen in any kind of employment environment. If an employee suffers any work-related injury that keeps them from working or limits their ability to work, they are able to obtain benefits, including medical care, temporary disability, permanent disability and future medical care. It is always important that the injured worker timely and properly report the injury and seek the necessary medical treatment for any injury.
It’s easy to think of construction and industrial jobs when we think about workplace accidents and injuries, but in reality, there are serious workplace injuries in a wide variety of jobs in California each year, including the service and retail industries.
WORK INJURIES - LOS ANGELES WORKERS' COMPENSATION LAWYERS
Common work related injuries are:
1. Overexertion Injuries - These injuries occur after heavy or excessive lifting, pulling, carrying, throwing, or pushing. Many jobs in every industry have positions that require such work. Even smaller tasks such as carrying copy paper in an office can cause back pain, leg pain, arm pain, and other strain injuries.
2. Slipping/Tripping - Many workplace accidents occur every day when employees trip over something or slip on materials left untreated or unattended. Even bad weather can instigate this type of injury for workers.
3. Falling from Heights - These injuries can occur due to slip and fall accidents or due to faulty equipment. Proper personal protective gear is necessary to prevent more serious injuries and the workplace environment needs to be secure and regularly checked for equipment and structural problems.
4. Reaction Injuries - These types of injuries are the result of an employee reacting to a situation, such as jumping out of the way of a falling object or pulling back when startled. These incidents can cause muscle injuries, body trauma, and a variety of other medical issues.
5. Falling Object Injuries - These injuries occur when something in the workplace or being handled by other employees strikes parts of the body. Head injuries are a common result of this type of accident.
6. Walking Into Injuries - There are many reported injuries caused by employees walking into things on the job. Head, knee, neck, and foot injuries are common results of these walking injuries.
7. Vehicle Accidents -workers who drive on the company time clock are often injured during auto accidents, some of which can be fatal.
8. Machine Entanglement - workers using and working around heavy equipment and machinery are susceptible to getting caught in the moving parts of the device.
9. Repetitive Motion Injuries (Continuous Trauma) - Injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome are caused by the continuous, repeated motions performed on the job.
10. On the Job Violent Acts - these acts occur frequently when employees get angry at each other, at management, or are prone to bringing their personal problems to the job site.
Regardless of how the work related injury occurred, California’s workers’ compensation program is a “no fault” system and there is no need to determine fault in order to secure workers’ compensation benefits, including medical care, temporary disability, permanent disability and future medical care. Most injured workers are covered by the rules of workers’ compensation in California and problems tend to arise when someone fails to follow the rules. The process can get complicated and workers who deserve benefits can get short-changed.
If you have experienced any of the above injuries during your workday, it is important to protect your potential workers compensation claim. The Los Angeles workers’ compensation attorneys at Jacobson & Han LLP want to ensure that all injured employees receive all benefits available to them after a work accident and advise that a hurt employee immediately seek help from a lawyer with experience handling California workers’ compensation cases.
The experienced workers’ compensation lawyers at Jacobson Han LLP provide free telephonic or in-person consultations on all workers’ compensation matters. The lawyers at Jacobson & Han LLP have zealously represented the interests of injured and ill workers throughout California, including Los Angeles, Orange and Ventura counties.