WWF’s 50 year anniversary is the perfect chance to celebrate the wonders of nature through photography and the power of our members to help save life on Earth.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 22, 2011
World Wildlife Fund (WWF) today launched the “Life Grows On” photo contest – presented by CVS/pharmacy Photo – to commemorate WWF’s 50th Anniversary and to coincide with Earth Day. The contest is aimed at raising awareness of species and land conservation issues and seeks photos in three separate categories: wildlife, wild places, and people connecting with nature.
“WWF’s 50 year anniversary is the perfect chance to celebrate the wonders of nature through photography and the power of our members to help save life on Earth,” said Terry Macko, chief marketing officer at WWF. “This photo contest offers both amateur and experienced photographers an opportunity to tell nature’s story in a fun, engaging way, and share with the world the beauty and significance of all forms of life.”
- 1st place winners (total of three) will win a trip for two on the Classic Polar Bear Photo Adventure provided by tour operator Natural Habitat Adventures. This travel package, one of the group’s most popular polar bear tours, includes a journey into the realm of the polar bear with an expert photographer. Winning photos will be published in several communication vehicles across the organization that will reach more than 8 million people.
- 150 finalists will receive a WWF red baseball cap in recognition of their amazing photos. There will also be an instant game prize (10 prizes given out each day), which is a WWF reusable coffee mug.
- To enter the contest, from April 22 until June 17, 2011, participants must submit photos either online at http://www.WWFPhotoContest.org or by mail on a CD to WWF-US headquarters at 1250 24th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20037.
- Submitted photos must be the photographer’s original work.
- Limit 15 submissions per photographer. Along with the photograph, the following information is needed:
- Description of photo
- Name of Photographer
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Entries will be judged by a WWF-selected panel and will be based on creativity, originality, technical quality, and fit to category.
- The judges will select the top 50 from each category by July 1, 2011, after which the judging and decision-making will be handed over to the public for final vote. July 2 until July 15, 2011, the general public can vote for their favorite photos and select the winners.
ABOUT WORLD WILDLIFE FUND
WWF is the world’s leading conservation organization, working in 100 countries for half a century. With the support of almost 5 million members worldwide, WWF is dedicated to delivering science-based solutions to preserve the diversity and abundance of life on Earth, halt the degradation of the environment and combat climate change. Visit http://www.worldwildlife.org to learn more.
CVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark Corporation, is America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,100 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug stores. CVS/pharmacy is committed to improving the lives of those we serve by making innovative and high-quality health and pharmacy services safe, affordable and easy to access, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark is available at info.cvscaremark.com.
# # #