MANUKApli is unique among Manuka honey products because it is made from 100% medical-grade Manuka honey, so it is never a blend.
Irvine, California (Vocus) July 27, 2010
Links Medical Products Inc. (LMP), a leader in the manufacture and marketing of innovative, caring products for use in both acute and long-term care, announces FDA approval for the sale of MANUKApli Sterile Wound Dressing. MANUKApli is 100% medical-grade Manuka honey in an easy-to-use applicator tube.
MANUKApli is the pure, all-natural solution to manage and treat wounds and burns that are not producing excessive exudate. Extensive research demonstrates that medical-grade Manuka honey offers bacteriostatic1, anti-inflammatory1, and antioxidant2,3 properties to promote accelerated wound healing. Manuka honey also maintains a moist healing environment1,4 and helps clean and debride wounds1,4 while controlling malodors.1,5
MANUKApli is designed for ease of use. It can be applied either directly to the wound bed or to a primary dressing.
MANUKApli is ideal for a variety of partial- or full-thickness wounds with low to moderate levels of exudate, including burns, skin tears, and small abrasions.
“MANUKApli is unique among Manuka honey products because it is made from 100% medical-grade Manuka honey, so it is never a blend,” states Tom Buckley, CEO of Links Medical Products. “We harvest it from our hives dedicated to bees that pollinate only the Manuka bush (a species known as Leptospermum scoparium), native to New Zealand.”
MANUKApli is part of LMP’s ManukaMed® brand of advanced wound care (AWC) dressings. Great care is taken to ensure that the products are of the highest standard in purity and bioactivity. The ManukaMed brand of medical-grade Manuka honey is finely filtered to remove all processing particles and sterilized by gamma irradiation to eliminate bacteria, microorganisms, and spores. Gamma irradiation also assures that the honey retains its biologic activity.
LMP maintains complete traceability and control over the production of its medical-grade Manuka honey—from beehive to final product. This level of control is unique among Manuka honey companies who often buy honey on the open market or contract with multiple suppliers who may not have similar rigorous product quality controls.
In addition, every step in the LMP production chain is carefully considered to ensure the ManukaMed AWC brand of medical-grade Manuka honey products meets the highest standards. In association with renowned medical professionals and researchers, Links Medical Products employs stringent test methods maintaining the bioactivity of medical-grade Manuka honey used in all ManukaMed AWC products.
About Links Medical Products Inc.
Founded in 1995, Irvine-based LMP is an established manufacturer and nationwide supplier of healthcare products for professional, institutional, and consumer use. For more information, please visit http://www.linksmed.com. You can also call 888.425.1149 or email info(at)linksmed(dot)com.
Media inquiries: Jim Gardner 760.346.2479 or jgardner(at)linksmed(dot)com
1. Pieper B. Honey-Based Dressings and Wound Care: An Option for Care in the United States. JWOCN 2009;36(1):60-66.
2. Molan P. Honey: Antimicrobial Actions and Role in Disease Management. In: New Strategies Combating Bacterial Infection. Edited by Ahmad I, Aqil F. WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim, 2009.
3. Molan P. Why Honey Works. In: Honey in Modern Wound Management. Edited by Cooper R, Molan P, White R. Wounds UK Publishing, 2009.
4. Gethin G. Efficacy of Honey as a Debriding and pH Modulating Agent. In: Honey in Modern Wound Management. Edited by Cooper R, Molan P, White R. Wounds UK Publishing, 2009.
5. Betts J. Guidelines for the Clinical Use of Honey in Wound Care. In: Honey in Modern Wound Management. Edited by Cooper R, Molan P, White R. Wounds UK Publishing, 2009.
# # #