With XactScope, users can estimate losses with the smartphone that is already in their pocket.
Orem, UT (PRWEB) July 21, 2011
Xactware has released a new version of its XactScope® app, which operates on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad and enhances estimators’ ability to scope property losses on-site.
XactScope is a sleek, easy-to-use app that enables adjusters and contractors to dimension buildings, find and add items, take photos, add voice notes, and more — all from their smartphones. Data entered on a smartphone can quickly be synced with Xactimate®, Xactware’s industry-leading claims estimating solution. The app was previously available for BlackBerry devices; the new release makes it available also on Apple’s mobile platforms.
“Many professionals use an iPhone or an iPad in their daily work,” said Jeffrey C. Taylor, Xactware’s assistant vice president of Xactimate. “With XactScope, they can now leverage those devices to scope and estimate losses on-site with speed and convenience.”
XactScope, which is free to download through Apple’s App Store, comes bundled with the Xactimate Professional package as part of the latest release of Xactimate version 27.3. Apple devices must operate iOS version 4.0 or higher. Once the app is installed, users can register XactScope on Xactimate so the two platforms can communicate with each other.
Among the many features that make it an effective scoping solution, XactScope offers:
- User-friendly design — A simple, yet powerful interface quickly captures loss information, room dimensions, and line items.
- Sketch download — Download sketches from Xactimate to XactScope and use them when estimating on-site.
- Macros — Lists of commonly used line items can be applied to loss assignments with the tap of a finger.
- Reference search — The same easy-to-use reference search found in Xactimate is also available in XactScope.
- Photos and audio — Users can take photos or record voice notes and attach them to the estimate.
“Gone are the days of writing dimensions on paper or lugging a laptop around the loss site,” said Taylor. "With XactScope, users can estimate losses with the smartphone that is already in their pocket.”
Visit http://www.xactware.com for more information about XactScope.
# # #