Dallas, TX (PRWEB) April 14, 2014
Psoriasis is an incurable genetic, systemic, inflammatory, and chronic skin disorder with an overall prevalence of 2-3% worldwide (Perera et al., 2012). Specifically, adult plaque psoriasis is the focus of this report and is defined using the 2013 International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) diagnostic code L40.0. There are no long-term effective therapies for Psoriasis (PsO), so this remains at the top of the list for unmet needs. While physicians agree that biologics are relatively safe and effective, these therapies are still lacking because of their immunosuppressant nature and lack of understanding as to their exact mechanism of action.
Pfizer’s Xeljanz (tofacitinib [formerly known as tasocitinib]) is a Phase III, oral, small-molecule JAK inhibitor for the treatment of PsO. Clinical trials are located worldwide, including in the US, Germany, and Japan. After a turbulent appearance during a FDA committee meeting in May 2012 and submission of additional data in August 2012, tofacitinib was approved for the treatment of RA in November 2012, albeit with a boxed warning. Xeljanz is the most advanced kinase inhibitor in development for PsO and will be a first-in-class product if it successfully launches for PsO.
Complete report is available @ http://www.marketoptimizer.org/xeljanz-psoriasis-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2022.html .
- Overview of Psoriasis, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Xeljanz including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Xeljanz for the top seven countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Australia and Brazil.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Psoriasis
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Xeljanz performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Xeljanz from 2012-2022 in top seven countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil and China)
Purchase a copy of this report at http://www.marketoptimizer.org/contacts/purchase?rname=2000 .
Explore more market research reports on Pharmaceuticals at http://www.marketoptimizer.org/category/life-sciences/pharmaceuticals.
MarketOptimizer.org (http://www.marketoptimizer.org/ .) is an online database of market research reports offer in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.