At Atigeo, we welcome the rapidly multiplying body of healthcare information, whether it be ICD-10 codes, digitized medical records or the continually expanding corpus of global medical research, as an opportunity to make positive changes...
Bellevue, WA (PRWEB) September 28, 2012
Atigeo™, a compassionate technology company, today launched xPatterns C.A.C., intelligent computer-assisted coding software made possible by the xPatterns intelligent Big Data platform, for hospitals, physicians’ offices and payers. Using xPatterns’ patented, state-of-the-art technology our proprietary algorithms, exposed through APIs in xPatterns, reveals implicit patterns rather than looking for explicit pattern matches. xPatterns C.A.C. automatically generates clinical codes directly from encounter notes and infers the correct billing codes delivering double digit improvements, thereby positively impacting both patient outcomes and bottom line returns.
Using xPatterns C.A.C., organizations benefit not only from, faster coding turnaround time and dramatically higher coding accuracy but also from improved insight, tracking and metrics. xPatterns C.A.C. streamlines conversion to ICD-10 by natively revealing procedure and diagnostic codes based on concepts extracted from physician-patient encounter notes, allowing for side-by-side ICD -9 ICD-10 comparison for training and to highlight missing potential information to appropriately document and bill. This translates to faster provider-payer turnaround, automatic traceability, and increased physician patient encounter time.
“There is no longer a question as to whether or not a hospital facing ICD-10 conversion needs big data analytics to stay competitive. The question now is whether the historical barriers that have prevented healthcare from leveraging big data are still in place. I am thrilled to announce that with today’s launch of xPatterns C.A.C., those obstacles are gone,” said Michael Sandoval CEO, Atigeo’s chairman and founder. “At Atigeo, we welcome the rapidly multiplying body of healthcare information, whether it be ICD-10 codes, digitized medical records or the continually expanding corpus of global medical research, as an opportunity to make positive changes that will reverberate for decades to come. Atigeo was founded on the promise that big data can create historic opportunities for positive change.”
xPatterns C.A.C. is feature-rich. It includes workflows accommodating the roles played by administrators, coders, doctors and auditors in coding. In its audit mode, xPatterns C.A.C. detects possible anomalies such as under-coding, over-coding, miscoding, and assists in the detection of fraud, error, and waste. Financial managers can view real-time dashboards showing coding productivity, organizational trends and other analytics. Coders are able to quickly examine xPatterns C.A.C. recommendations, and then confirm or adjust the codes as needed, thus becoming much more efficient. In place of laborious perusal of encounter notes and looking up codes, with xPatterns C.A.C., the coder’s primary tasks become review and validation.
- Accuracy: A key feature of xPatterns C.A.C. is automatic code recommendations based on prior medical notes and charts. The recommended codes are based on ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS guidelines, plus other important sources including NCCI edits, as well as OCE, MCE and MUE. For the average engagement, Atigeo anticipates that xPatterns C.A.C. will deliver double-digit percentile improvements in terms of coding accuracy and revenue capture as compared to legacy solutions.
- Intelligent analytics: Unlike other coding systems that require doctors to dictate in a certain template or structure, xPatterns C.A.C. provides complete freedom to doctors, since it can process encounter note text regardless of the format, narrative style and sequence used in dictating notes. With xPatterns C.A.C., doctors can concentrate on providing care rather than dealing with software constraints.
- ICD-10 transition: xPatterns C.A.C. delivers corresponding ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes in a dual view, making it convenient and easy to compare coding systems at a glance. It also has a built-in ICD-10 training capability, to protect against the loss of productivity forecasted due to ICD-10 transition pain.
- Learning and feedback: Because the logic kernel of xPatterns C.A.C. is an adaptive intelligent system, it can learn from other coders and recently-acquired encounter notes and codes. As a result, the coding system grows more accurate over time. It can detect under-coding, over-coding and miscoding more readily than any other system and when a coder makes a correction, the system learns that pattern and applies the newly-acquired learning to future encounter note coding.
- Cloud-based web services: Cloud implementation advantages include lower upfront capital expense, and lower cost of ownership. IT support requirements are minimal, both at launch and while in operation. Another advantage of xPatterns C.A.C. is that software updates happen in the cloud, with no impact to end users. Updates happen regularly (including code set updates) and do not disrupt operation, nor require any IT support.
xPatterns Computer-Assisted Coding: "The Future of Coding is Now", an Atigeo white paper.
Visit Atigeo at AHIMA 2012 - Booth #855
For more information on using xPatterns Computer-Assisted Coding, please visit xPatterns or contact Sales (at) Atigeo (dot) com to discuss this product or other uses of xPatterns with your data.
Atigeo is a compassionate technology company turning science into products and services for a wiser world. Our intelligent big data platform, xPatterns, lowers any industry’s barrier to entry for extracting knowledge from big data. Enterprise-grade and developer-ready xPatterns makes data more accessible in its native state, greatly reducing the effort, expense and limitations of data architecture and analysis. http://www.atigeo.com
Atigeo Media Relations
(425) 749- 5049
haripurkh.khalsa (at) atigeo (dot) com
Thea Lavin or Bill Bode
Schwartz MSL for Atigeo
Atigeo (at) schwartzmsl (dot) com